“Great location + wonderful staff = an amazing trip”
Review of The Burrard

The Burrard
Ranked #33 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Korean first
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 3 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night on our way through Vancouver. We chose this hotel as it was the best hotel we could find that wouldn't cost us $200 and up for a night. We were pleasantly surprised upon arrival. The hotel was clean, well kept and our room was newly renovated and came with an espresso machine and free bottled water. The down side to being in downtown Vancouver is that it's noisy at night but that's to be expected. The hotel has a retro vibe that my husband and I loved and everything was done very tastefully. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for families with children or seniors, it's definitely for the younger crowd. The hotel also has some great perks such as cruiser bikes that you can sign out free of charge. Parking is $20 dollars a night and you have to park across the street at a secure parkade if they run out of space. We would stay here again if we were passing through Vancouver.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room that was not right on one of the main roads if you are worried about city noi...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BeautyForAshes
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We had a very disappointing stay at this hotel. There was a stag going on a few doors down and everyone was yelling until all hours. We called the front desk 3 times to control the situation. The last time we told them to either do something or move us to another hotel. Finally they did something. Otherwise it is a convenient location.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelDiva62
Dani P, Manager at The Burrard, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Our apologies for the inconvenience. Noise complaints are among the most difficult to manage at hotels, particularly when alcohol and celebrations are mixed in. It often takes more than one discussion with noisy groups to get them down to an acceptable volume. It’s our goal to ensure a restful comfortable stay for all our guests and we hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us.
--Dani Pretto
General Manager. The Burrard
Pershore, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2012 via mobile

Spent 5 nights here and had a great time. One of the more reasonably priced hotels in the area, a really easy booking process. Check in was a breeze,staff were very friendly and helpfull throughout. The lift was being repaired during my stay but didn't matter because the porter carried my bags for me and my own legs can climb stairs! The retro decor was cool,made me happy to be in a funky environment. The location of the hotel is great,only moments away from all the downtown fun! I took advantage of the free cycles,even they were super cool! A great way to experience the sea wall and beautiful parks! A great breakfast can be found just round the corner on Davie street at Joes.A funky bar/restaurant would be a winner here!

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank DJL73
Singapore
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed at this place for 5 evenings, there are good and bads, and I will try to summarize them here for your reference.

I visited Vancouver in March time, which is great, managed to catch some sunny days during this trip, which is a great experience by itself. When I arrived the hotel, the check-in process was ok, nothing particular. However, I later found out the elevator is not working (some building concent issues I later found out) so that you have to climb the stairs everyday. The room is great, stylish with nice capsule coffee supplied. Good size LCD TV, clean, nice bathroom, a bit small, but not uncomfortable at all. So this makes up for the bad experience I had from the elevator incident.

However, the housekeeping is really terrible, which is what made my rating for this hotel is so low. During the entire duration of my stay, they did not replace my sheets nor re-supply my shower ammendies etc. It said they will change sheets every 2nd day, but for the whole time I stayed, they did not change it for me. As for ammendies, they did not replace them at all. So it's like no shampoo, no soap, not even tissue. I had to call everytime to get them, and it is always when you need it and you realized that they are not there, which made the experience really inconvenient.

If not the poor housekeeping experience, I would give a 4 or 5 star rating.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dani P, General Manager at The Burrard, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
We’re very disappointed to hear of your unsatisfactory stay at the Burrard. We have used your review as an opportunity to refresh expectations and policies with our housecleaning staff to ensure that your experience will not be repeated—amenities are to be replenished daily, sheets and towels changed a minimum of every 2nd day, depending on guest instructions. Please accept our apologies.

We’re very pleased to announce that our new elevator is now installed and running. We apologize for the inconvenience caused but are very excited that guests will be able to experience years of trouble-free service from this newly-installed equipment.

Dani Pretto, General Manager, The Burrard