“A nice little nook in downtown Vancouver” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of St. Regis Hotel

St. Regis Hotel
Ranked #9 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Markham, Canada
“A nice little nook in downtown Vancouver”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Great location, helpful and friendly staff, awesome breakfast included with room rate, great bar and grill attached, and right downtown close to Sky Train and Canada Place. This was the perfect place to stay, and definitely somewhere I'd stay again.

I stayed here when in town for a work function, and enjoyed the St Regis immensely. Free wireless internet, free long distance phone calls, close to our event venue, within a half hour walk of Stanley Park (depending on how quickly you walk) and transportation to various tourist destinations.

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor and above have better views, although heard the street side can be a little no...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank GalFromAway

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

we stayed at the st regis for two nights in March 2012 and were stunned at how nicely kept the room was when we walked in. we knew we had made the best choice coming here.

the room was spotlessly clean, the linens were incredible and my favourite was the bathroom - they even had the tiles heated!

another top notch is their breakfast - it is not the standard hotel buffet style - it feels like you are at a proper eatery. you order what you want from a choice of 3 great options, plus coffee/tea and variety of juices. such a fantastic way to start your day!

the hotel is also conveniently adjacent to the granville station, as well as the other train station that takes you straight to the airport in 20 minutes for $2.50! :D

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank pink0531
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Location is absolutely central to public transportation and great shopping. Rooms are terrifically appointed, the temperpedic beds rock, and the free phone calls anywhere in the world can't be beat. Three things keep this from a top review. First, try to avoid rooms that end in 2, 3, or 4. They are on the street, and the weekend party noise is pretty intense. Second, the breakfasts are adequate but not great: hard fruit, bland eggs, so-so pastries. The coffee is bad and I recommend going next door to Starbucks before heading down. And finally, the desk staff is not well informed regarding suggestions. I had to head over from the nearby business center to help a patron find the flea market and the restaurant ideas I got from them were banal. If you know Vancouver and you get a quiet room, this place would be fantastic.

Room Tip: As above, avoid 202, 203, 204 and similar on third and fourth floors. I got my room via expedia.com...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Pen_Princess
Washington State
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

My daughter and I stayed for two nights in early March 2012 in a queen room on the third floor above the corner of Dunsmuir and Seymour Streets, and were very happy with the accommodations.

I chose the St. Regis because we arrived late at night via Amtrak, and I wanted a hotel close to a Skytrain station in case we arrived in bad weather. We were fortunate and had mild weather for our quick trip, but I still appreciated being right on top of Granville Station.

We walked up Seymour Street to Harbour Centre and the Vancouver Lookout to enjoy the view, then stopped by the steam clock before heading to luch at Kita No Donburi (separate review).

The hotel itself was wonderful, both in terms of comfort and service. I had noted on our reservation that we would be arriving late -- and when we walked in the door shortly before midnight, the desk staff had everything ready for us. The bed was very comfortable, not overly soft. Technophiles will be pleased with all the media cord outlets, plus speedy, easy to access wifi and an iPod/iPhone clock (beware -- we thought we had the iPod alarm set properly the first morning and overslept; thank goodness we requested a wake-up call the second morning, because we got it wrong again).

The bathroom made up for the lack of tub (who uses a hotel tub?) with a wonderfully adjustable shower head (a luxury for my 10 year old daughter). The floor was heated (bliss at 5:00 a.m.). There was an illuminated make-up mirror (when did I get so many wrinkles?) as well as comfy robes.

Breakfast in the very attractive, club-atmosphere basement dining room is made-to-order and offers choices including eggs, fruit, and pastry. We were very grateful to the staff for packing breakfast boxes for us (which were ready at the front desk) to take along for our early train departure (just make sure to ask for this the night before).

Every staff person we encountered was gracious and cheerful. The physical accomodations were impeccable (with the tiny exception of our bathroom door, which didn't shut fully -- not a huge problem for mother and daughter), and the location was perfect for us.

I would happily return to the St. Regis next time I visit Vancouver.

Room Tip: Upper floors may be more quiet; noise wasn't a problem on the third floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank miriamoly
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed at the St. Regis March 2nd-4th, 2012 while exhibiting at the Vancouver Golf and Travel Show. I found the property to be excellent and my stay was a pleasant one. The front desk staff was prompt, helpful when asked and brief, which is how i prefer to be treated when traveling for business. Im unsure of whether this is a citywide trend in Vancouver but it was genius having umbrellas available for guests as its something that customers traveling from drier climates (such as myself) usually dont remember to pack. The room i stayed in was of, "modern urban" sizing which is a fancy travel industry way of saying smaller, but because of the space effective layout it never felt cramped. The best part about the room however is the bathroom, as it was fabulously furnished,excellently appointed and very clean. The location was convenient and free access to the Steve Nash Sports Club, which is a great gym with terrible hours, was a nice touch.
I only have one gripe about the St. Regis and it isnt one that would deter me from staying at the property again. I made the mistake the first night of my stay of eating at the restaurant attached to the hotel, the St. Regis Bar and Grill. It is terrible and no one visiting Vancouver should ever eat there, especially considering how awesome the rest of the Vancouver culinary scene is (ask the staff they give great recommendations). I had fantastic meals the rest of my time!
Overall this place is a fantastic low volume hotel that i would definitely return to!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business