3,742 results
All reviews stanley park tower room main building coal harbour outdoor pool heavenly bed sea wall self parking harbour view beautiful hotel canada place denman street convention center seawall conference starbucks downtown
Reviewed 12 November 2006

We stayed with our two young children. The location is awesome - right on the sea wall, within walking distance to Stanley Park and the aquarium. The staff were fine, but you never got great service, and were often ignored. For example, we phoned one night to ask how we could warm up our toddler's bottle (hoping there would be a microwave in a lounge somewhere). We were told we could use something in the hotel kitchen, were asked to wait while they checked, and then were put on hold for 5+ minutes - we finally gave up. We also called one night to ask where the nearest laundromat was - and they didn't know and didn't offer to help. We ended up looking it up in the yellow pages. Strangely, they had a great kids' menu for dinner, but nothing for breakfast (and the buffet downstairs was expensive). There is a kid-friendly WhiteSpot on the corner. Valet parking was worth the extra cost.

Stayed: August 2006
8  Thank Toronto22
Reviewed 31 October 2006

This is an excellent hotel in a superb location particularly if you get a room overlooking the harbour front. The staff (front desk , restaurant and friendly/knowledgeable concierge team) were first class in every respect. The rooms very comfortable. Breakfast was outstanding and the home-made croissants the best I`ve ever tasted.
The one negative was the limited menu in the restaurant at night and the total absence of a Coffee House for light meals/drinks. In the mornings there is a small servery where coffee and muffins can be bought but it closes late morning without alternatives later in the day.
Certainly a hotel we would seek to stay in when next in Vancouver.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business
4  Thank tynwald
Reviewed 18 October 2006

I can't say enough good things about this hotel, and have to agree with previous comments that just how much time do some people want to stay in the bathroom???

The hotel looks great from the moment you enter reception, and the staff are friendly (although this would be the same for most Canadians you meet).

Our room was on the second floor looking out to the marina and Stanley Park, with a great view of the mountains behind, and seaplanes taking off and landing.

The Heavenly beds certainlyl ive up to their name. Possibly the largest bed I've ever stayed in, and certainly comfortable. The shower was a good soaker, and the room had all the amenities I required.

Full breakfast is perhaps a little expensive at $25.00CAD, but no more than you'd be expected to pay in Britain, and certainly offers a much better range of food than we'd be used to here.

One final note - Coleen on the Gray Line desk is an absolute star, and made our holiday for us. Nothing was too much trouble when arranging our trips for us, and advice she gave was invaluable.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ziptrekker
Reviewed 3 October 2006

When my sister announced that she was booking us a room at the Bayshore as our wedding present, we were thrilled. The Bayshore has been a Vancouver institution for years, and has probably the best location in Vancouver. As it turned out, the wedding was the best, but the hotel, and particularly the service, was awful. We arrived late, in great spirits after the reception. Entering the room, a bouquet my sister had sent was lying on the desk, no vase, no water, and decidedly limp.
Although it had been booked as a wedding night gift, there was absolutely nothing from management, not even a note or bottle of cheap bubbly. The room was adequate. In the morning, they had slipped the bill for this experience under the door, and I saw how much my sister had paid for this (which in itself I thought was truly crass). We were determined not to let this get to us, but I couldn't leave without filling out the "client (dis) satisfaction" form that goes to the manager. Response to date - nothing. We have stayed in many good hotels, and this experience was definitely sub-par, especially for the price. By contrast, we honeymooned in San Francisco at the Hotel Vitale, where management sent us a beautiful iced bottle of Laurent-Perrier champagne, which was just one example of the class and level of service of that hotel.
The lesson - don't equate price with service, at least at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
6  Thank fotoboy
Reviewed 26 September 2006

I am very very surprised at the reviews this hotel is getting. Ok the bathrooms are small. But when you are in one of the greatest cities in North America....how much time do you really want to stay in there anyway???? The hotel was built before large bathrooms became a need for some obviously.

The staff was so helpful, a couple of them walked with us outside showing us the way to get places! The outdoor pool was very inviting and sat right on the harbor. The views from my room were awesome. Stanley Park, the bay, seeing seaplanes coming and going, boats everywhere, and the "walkway" in front of the bay right outside my window made the city shine. Unlike complaints I have seen about elevators at the Grand there are no problems with that here. The lobby is very nice IMO. The exercise room is very well kept up, with all the latest equipment. The indoor pool (ok), steam room (awesome) and sauna (awesome) all were maintained and clean. I do not understand closing at 11pm though .......I wish the management would keep it open 24 hours as the "health club" would not keep any guests awake if people were using it. I do wish wireless was provided for...however there are several places all within a 10 minute walk that do provide it and that made me go out and walk! Bike rental places minutes away to rent a bike and go anywhere in the city or roam gorgeous Stanley Park. Robson Street and shops not far either..... I will 100% go back to stay here, infact I am July 2007!

Another fyi......I used points while I booked another room on hotwire....The hotwire reservation was upgraded with a rather expensive charge, when I asked again about why such a steep fee they reduced the rate to something much more fair and honestly quite nominal. Sometimes you just have to ask!!

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family