3,690 results
All reviews stanley park tower room main building coal harbour outdoor pool heavenly bed sea wall self parking harbour view canada place denman street hotel restaurant convention center seawall conference starbucks downtown
Reviewed 26 August 2006

I looked up rates on Hotwire for a five night stay in downtown or westend Vancouver. There was one offer that stood out. The three star and 3.5 star properties were offering prices of $55, and then ther was a 4 star listed for about the same, so I thought, "take a chance."

Including tax, after conversion, I paid $67 a night including taxes and fees. I expected a room with a view of a wall. I got a room, on the 4th floor, city view; a very nice find given the normal $235 nightly rate.

On the second night of my stay the room above was noisy. I found out later that workers were renovating the room (at 11 p.m. on a Sunday night). I called to discuss this with the front desk; security got the workers to leave, and in the morning, I was upgraded to a towers room ($385/night) at no extra charge, and given a room credit for dinner, as an apology, as the hotel didn't expect contractors to be working after 5 p.m., or on weekends.

Now I had a room overlooking the marina and Stanley Park, great sunsets, and nearby to both pools. If I return to Vancouver this will be the place due to it's location and style, along with a professional attitude of customer service.

It pays to expect less than what you pay for, and be polite when you have a problem. Sometimes you are surprised and receive rewards beyond what you deserve.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled solo
2  Thank SenseIntoDollars
Reviewed 20 August 2006

If you stay in the tower of this hotel the views are amazing. We could see mountains, the park, water, boats and blue blue sky. The room itself was nothing special - bland and business-like and the bathroom was small yet the shower was one of the best I have experienced in any hotel in the world. Guest services were extremely efficient and helpful and responded to a variety of requests in no time at all. We didn't use the outdoor pool but it did not look very appealing to me. The only meal we ate in the hotel was breakfast on our first morning - we did not repeat this experience on the second morning! The service was sullen and slow and the food wasn't great and was certainly over-priced.

4  Thank dblacksam
Reviewed 19 August 2006

This hotel has everything! Wonderful pools, convenient eating venues, helpful staff, luxurious beds, spectacular location. Ask for a harbor view room. Make sure to walk along the water. Dine at the Sequoia Grill -- in neighboring Stanley Park. There are also plenty of informal eating and gelato shops and food stores within a block or two of the hotel. A 5-star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
1  Thank exprof
Reviewed 13 August 2006

We stayed here on 8-12-06 for one night following an Alaska cruise.
I have always appreciated the quality of the Westins I've stayed at in the past but this place didnt measure up to the other Westins. Yes overall it was much nicer than your average hotel and it is in a good loaction on the Marina, very close to Stanley Park and a $6.00 cab ride form the cruise terminal. No they dont provide local transportation or even to the airport. The property is need of a facelift/remodeling. The overall appearance of the rooms,and common areas were outdated and need to be redone. In addition to needing new pain, wall paper, tile etc. There was a horrible stench in the hallways like from raw sewage. For the price I was a little dissapointed and will find another place in Vancouver next time I return unless I find out the hotel has been remodeled.

2  Thank DLB1
Reviewed 12 August 2006

We stayed at the Westin Bayshore for 3 nights at the tail end of our BC vacation. We had both fallen ill and were not up to much by the time we arrived in Vancouver. The front desk staff upgraded us to a room on the top floor of the main building with a view to the east of Stanley Park and headlands. The housekeeping staff were very accomodating and sympathetic and really treated us well. I don't know why people complained about the service in some of the older reviews, we found everyone from the front desk staff to the housekeepers and valets to be gracious, friendly hosts.

The room was well outfitted with the Heavenly Bed and Shower and there was a comfy chair and ottoman in addition to the desk and chairs. The decor was tasteful, but the views were spectacular out of the floor to ceiling windows. The bathroom was a bit small, but the hotel's exterior suggests that it is an older property. You wouldn't be able to tell by the interior, however. The room was fabulous!

We did get out for some air once or twice and enjoyed the location on the waterfront. The hotel's is well situated - on the outskirts of the CBD - 15 minutes leisurely walk to the the corner of Robeson and Burrard.

I stay in deluxe properties all the time and found this one to be on par with most in terms of facilties and location, but above average in terms of service and graciousness. The hotel lacked the attitude associated with Fairmont properties.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank wtraveller