We stayed at the Westin Bayshore for 3 nights at the tail end of our BC vacation. We had both fallen ill and were not up to much by the time we arrived in Vancouver. The front desk staff upgraded us to a room on the top floor of the main building with a view to the east of Stanley Park and headlands. The housekeeping staff were very accomodating and sympathetic and really treated us well. I don't know why people complained about the service in some of the older reviews, we found everyone from the front desk staff to the housekeepers and valets to be gracious, friendly hosts.
The room was well outfitted with the Heavenly Bed and Shower and there was a comfy chair and ottoman in addition to the desk and chairs. The decor was tasteful, but the views were spectacular out of the floor to ceiling windows. The bathroom was a bit small, but the hotel's exterior suggests that it is an older property. You wouldn't be able to tell by the interior, however. The room was fabulous!
We did get out for some air once or twice and enjoyed the location on the waterfront. The hotel's is well situated - on the outskirts of the CBD - 15 minutes leisurely walk to the the corner of Robeson and Burrard.
I stay in deluxe properties all the time and found this one to be on par with most in terms of facilties and location, but above average in terms of service and graciousness. The hotel lacked the attitude associated with Fairmont properties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the shores of Coal Harbour, overlooking historic 1,000-acre Stanley Park via its picturesque seawall and the North Shore Mountains, the hotel offers you the best of both worlds: an invigorating urban lifestyle and a relaxing resort-like experience. The hotel's 499 spacious guest rooms and suites feature stunning views over the water and the city. Our location on the water is unparalleled and will provide you with a one-of-a-kind West Coast experience, with downtown's thriving epicenter just blocks away and a variety of nearby shops, restaurants and cafes. The resort-inspired property features Vida Wellness full service spa, indoor and outdoor pools, and a pleasing variety of restaurants and lounges. Signature offerings include the Westin Heavenly Bed and Bath, WestinWORKOUT and RunWESTIN. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- Westin Vancouver
- Vancouver Westin