I notice that this hotel is getting some poor reviews, but we enjoyed our post cruise stay here, helped mainly because we really liked Vancouver.
We were given a marina view room, the bedroom sliding glass doors open to reveal a beautiful view right from your bedroom, far better than a balcony ever could. You can even lie on the bed and watch TV while enjoying the view.
Westin's featured beds and linen are a dream.
Location is perfect. We walked around the marina into Stanley Park. English Bay is only a ten minute walk, so too is the city center. Rent bikes two blocks inland. Restaurants around the bay and in the back streets. Travel center in the hotel booked our trip to Capilano Suspension bridge and the Skyride Gondola to the top of Grouse Mountain right from the hotel.
Reception staff were "starchy". Lobby has no atmosphere. Dining/drinking options in the hotel very pricey, breakfast $25. Bathrooms on the small side. Hotel is very expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the shores of Coal Harbour, overlooking historic 1,000-acre Stanley Park via its picturesque seawall and the North Shore Mountains, the hotel offers you the best of both worlds: an invigorating urban lifestyle and a relaxing resort-like experience. The hotel's 499 spacious guest rooms and suites feature stunning views over the water and the city. Our location on the water is unparalleled and will provide you with a one-of-a-kind West Coast experience, with downtown's thriving epicenter just blocks away and a variety of nearby shops, restaurants and cafes. The resort-inspired property features Vida Wellness full service spa, indoor and outdoor pools, and a pleasing variety of restaurants and lounges. Signature offerings include the Westin Heavenly Bed and Bath, WestinWORKOUT and RunWESTIN. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- Westin Vancouver
- Vancouver Westin