3,687 results
All reviews stanley park tower room main building coal harbour outdoor pool heavenly bed sea wall self parking harbour view canada place denman street hotel restaurant convention center seawall conference starbucks downtown
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Our daughter booked the Westin for our July 1st wedding anniversary. Our room faced the harbour & Stanley park, incredible views. So central and walked the seawall to the convention center. Room immaculate, staff extremely friendly and helpful. This feels like a resort, what with the swimming pool and spa. We WILL be back. We have stayed in many of Vancouver's 4 to 5 star hotels, but this was a WOW

Room Tip: Rooms facing the harbour
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I agree with prior reviewers that the higher floors in the new tower are great. Got discounted rate through Hotwire for traditional room with 2 double beds, then upgraded at check-in for $30/night to king bed in tower with harbor view. Tip re parking: Easy Park lot off Denman is 5-10 minute walk and charges less than half the hotel rate. Also great Safeway supermarket on the way!

Reviewed 26 July 2012

We arrived in Vancouver after a glorious week-long cruise in Alaska so was not expecting to do very much in Vancouver. While we waited for our rooms to be ready, Norton the concierge gave us lots of tips on things to do. He is the best concierge I've come across. Based on his recommendations, we spent the afternoon at Granville Island where I bought sumptious cherries and blueberries while my husband sampled the beers at the Granville Brewery. The next day, we took the free shuttle outside the hotel (again based on recommendations from Norton) to Capilano Bridge. We only had 1 full day in Vancouver so we spent a couple of hours at Capilano then took the free shuttle to Canada Place where we had a quick lunch followed by the free shuttle to Grouse Mountain. That was also amazing - great views of incredibly tall trees. We finished the evening walking around Gastown and then having dinner at the Steamworks Brewery.

Oh yes, and what about the hotel? It was very nice - furnished in the clean lines of most Westin hotels. Location was fabulous - we looked out at boats in the harbor with mountains in the backdrop. We never made it to Stanley Park but would have rented bikes to explore if we had time. The room was decently sized and the beds comfy. Oh and when we first arrived very early in the morning and our rooms were not ready, the receptionist asked us for our number and promised to call us if our rooms were ready before 3, which is the standard check in time. I was pleasantly surprised to get a call around noon.

All in all I had a thoroughly enjoyable time in Vancouver and when i return, will definitely stay at the Westin Bayshore.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JellyBug
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed one-night post AK cruise. $10 w/ tip by cab from Canada Place. Yes, taxis use credit card, but will also allow for US cash if less that $10 fare. Could not get into room as early as we arrived - though we did pre-check in and left bags. But came back around 3pm and were in 1889. The rooms that end in ..89 provide a great panoramic view of the bay. Room has a step out balcony. Located close to Stanley Park, we were able to take a walk to see the totem poles and walk through very residential Coal Harbor neighborhood. There is a Safeway supermarket close by on Robson. Good sized breakfast buffet for approx $25. Look for a package that include. Hotel is clean - lobby gets noisy. Line up of taxi cabs was in evidence at the entrance. Large umbrellas supplied at the front door. Everyone we were in contact with was very cordial and helpful. Only thing the bugged me was airline check in allowed for only printing boarding passes. No abiltiy to go to airline website. Business Center is pay-per-time. US travellers - bring your passport to the kiosk.

Room Tip: ..89 series for best views in delux tower.
1  Thank kwtaper
Reviewed 26 July 2012

They gladly stored our luggage on our first day, because we arrived before 11 a.m. I enjoyed the view of Coal Harbor from the lower building, not the Tower. They gave me the room I requested.

The location of this hotel and the public areas makes this one of my favorite destinations. The rooms have sliding glass doors, so you can hear all the sounds of the outdoors and still be enjoying the room comforts.

The Westin beds are wonderful, but that applies to all Westin's. Dining is good at the hotel, but I also like Cardero's, right next door.

Room Tip: I just enjoy the rooms facing Coal Harbor. There is so much to watch from the room. I would think that all views are of something interesting, but Coal Harbor is my favorite.