3,692 results
All reviews stanley park tower room main building coal harbour outdoor pool heavenly bed sea wall self parking harbour view canada place denman street hotel restaurant convention center seawall conference starbucks downtown
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We booked the Westin Bayshore on Priceline's "name your own price" and received a very good deal! This hotel was conviently located, especially for our cruise departure the next day. We were in walking distance to the cruise terminal. The rooms were very clean, and had surprisingly comfortable beds. The staff was helpful, polite and helped make our stay very pleasant. I would love to return when the outdoor pool is open, it looked pretty amazing. Beautiful view, beatiful rooms, beautiful hotel at a decent price. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We were very impressed with this hotel in this beautiful city. They were the host hotel for our Intellenet Conference this year (May 2012). The staff was very accomodating, the property was very clean and the views of the bay were absolutely fantastic.

Room Tip: Ask for a bay view room for a wonderful view of the Vancouver Bay.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed at the Bayshore for two nights in May. We were in room 316. I believe that this is in the older tower. The view from the room was amazing. We were looking out over the marina and Stanley Park. We were at the end of the hall, a corner room, which was very comfortable for my husband and I. We stayed at the Westin with our Starwood points. It was a great value for the view. We were able to rent a bike and enjoy restaurants in a close distance to the hotel.

The parking is insane at this place, $41 a day. Honestly, I read trip advisor before my trip and was warned about the high cost. We parked across the street from the hotel for $21.50 for a full 24 hours. The second night was only $7.50, since we were leaving early in the morning on the ferry. During our walks and rides in the city, I noticed there were several parking garages with similar rates.

The internet is also expensive here. We used the Gold status to get free internet in the room for our two computers. We also liked the five dollar credit or 500 SPG point option for not having the room made up.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again. It is worth being close to the park and downtown. With the view and location of the hotel, it was easy to forget you were in downtown vancouver. We loved the room and enjoyed sitting by the window drinking coffee in the morning.

Room Tip: 316 was at the end of the hall with a great view of the harbor. Being on a low floor, there was still a great view of the harbor and park. You could also watch the bikers and people passing below on the path.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2012

My partner and I have stayed at the Westin Bayshore several times while visiting Vancouver. We have had positive experiences at other hotels in the city, but enjoy the wonderful location of the Bayshore. Situated next to Coal Harbour, the Bayshore's location is ideal for walks around the Seawall or through Stanley Park (the Vancouver aquarium is super close) ; it is a pleasant walk to "downtown" or up to the shopping are of Robson street. If you are a runner, take your gear and head out on an adventure.

While the Westin may be (too) business focused, recreational travelers will find outdoor and indoor pools, a Westin workout room (this could be bigger and better equipped), and a few restaurant options - the Starbucks on the main floor is busy but friendly and accommodating.

I would suggest leaving the hotel for dinner: be sure to check out Lift Bar and Grill - we enjoyed really fresh sushi and maki and the attentive service of the staff. Lift is a one minute walk from the hotel's back door - literally.

This isn't the most posh Westin there is, but it manages to maintain consistency and deliver the warm charm, attentive service, and positive attitude synonymous with Canada's west coast.

Room Tip: Ask for a north facing room on order to see Coal Harbour, North Van/North Shore, and the coastal mountains.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 6 nights whilst attending a business conference. Pros - location, nice views of Stanley Park. Cons - Check in was slow and under staffed. Concierge (if available) was not helpful and in almost all cases front desk was empty with no staff to assist. Room was average for price and room service was very poor (waited 1hr for milk that didn't arrive). Everything in this hotel was expensive, was advised I had to pay for wi-fi access in conference area irrespective of the fact that I was a guest in the hotel and only after much debate was granted access as a one off. Waited for complimentary hotel shuttle bus for 45mins only to have it turn up and then drive away without stopping, very frustrating! If you want a hotel that treats you only as a number this is for you, if your after a hotel that treats you as a guest then I suggest look and stay elsewhere as there are plenty of other hotels far better than this one!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business