3,690 results
All reviews stanley park tower room main building coal harbour outdoor pool heavenly bed sea wall self parking harbour view canada place denman street hotel restaurant convention center seawall conference starbucks downtown
Reviewed 10 February 2012

We spent three nights at Westin Bayshore. We are often in Vancouver, and this time we decided to try the Westin, even though it's not in our preferred part of town. It is pretty close to Stanley Park, which helped. Things got off to a rocky start, since the hotel advertised that their rooms had combination bath + shower, but it turned out that was not the case. We later complained about this once we'd returned home, and after a followup call, they took care of the issue for us.

While the rooms were comfortable and clean, we really felt that a lot of aspects of the room were both overpriced: parking was $36/day, local calls were $1.50, and wi-fi cost a whopping $15 per day. If you're on business and you don't care about these things (and your company doesn't either), that's one thing, but otherwise it's tough to swallow.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Dear JimCF,

Thank you for sharing your review! We appreciate you staying with us for the first time, and please accept our apologies once more for the miscommunication about your bathroom configuration. We appreciate your comments as well regarding our pricing. We take care to ensure we are priced competitively among Vancouver hotels, but your feedback is important to ensure we are keeping our guests satisfied. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again, and if there is anything I can personally assist with to ensure your stay is memorable, please feel free to contact me at michael.farquharson@westin.com.

Best Regards,
Michael Farquharson
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 10 February 2012

We have been to the Bayshore about ten times over the last few years as we visit Vancouver regularly and use Priceline four star hotels. We have stayed there over christmas and again in February. It is close to downtown and really is the only hotel to have really fantastic views of the harbour, Stanley Park and the mountains. The hotel boasts Westin "heavenly beds and the service is absolutely four star every time we stay there.

On our previous stays we were always frustrated that the internet was extremely expensive whilst several other priceline or travelocity secret four star hotels in downtown Vancouver offered free internet to their guests. This has now been resolved and the hotel now issues free one hour coupons to their guests to use in the lobby. Well done Westin for listening to feedback from their guests!

The hotel has a nice bar, restaurant and two swimming pools. It really is a delight to stay there but it is not yet our favourite hotel downtown. When you first enter the hotel there is a huge mostly empty lobby that has very little ambiance. We really think that the hotel is missing a trick by not using this space to create a more welcoming public area. We regularly use the Seattle Westin that has a similar public area but has much better seating and ambiance. It is a shame that guests to Vancouver don't benefit from a similar design and I am sure that the Bayshore miss out on revenue by creating a better space where their guests can relax.

We never stay and eat breakfast at this hotel because it is ludicrously expensive compared with most other four star hotels. The problem is that the pricing structure reflects expense account guests and not the average leisure traveller.

Our only other criticism of the hotel is that the televisions in the room all have had very poor signals unless you are watching a paid for HD movie. When we have raised this with the hotel they will generally send an engineer to the room to fiddle with the wires behind the tv but it is about time they got it right. When we stayed at Christmas we were offered a free HD movie by the front desk because their engineer could do anything about it.

All in all this is a great choice for a trip to Vancouver, providing you don't plan on feeding your family in their restaurant or sitting in your hotel room watching the television. We were very pleased to see that our next trip to Vancouver in April will also include a Priceline trip to the Bayshore.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Me and my friend decided to go to Vancouver for the weekend of feb 4, As we only decided that evening we stayed up and waited for our flight at 7am. And before boarding I booked through Expedia and got a price of 125/night and so booked here. Arrived at the hotel around 8 and was in need of some sleep, asked if we could do an early check in and they very kindly said they could accommodate us. Stayed in a traditional deluxe room 507 and was not disappointed although not the view of the whole harbour but still had a great view of the water and mountains still worth the price Beds were great. Shower was well needed.

Sadly had to leave 7pm as I was needed back home in calgary. So this weekend I have decided to return at this hotel as I was so impressed. This time im staying for the whole weekend.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank welshdragonCalgary
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Dear welshdragonCalgary,

Thank you for sharing your review! We’re delighted to have welcomed you for your inaugural visit to The Westin Bayshore and are so glad you enjoyed such a restful and memorable stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you back for many more stays to come!

Stay well,
Michael Farquharson
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 5 February 2012

Our stay was originally planned for 2 nights as part of my birthday celebration. I ended up coming 2 days earlier and staying two nights more as my husband broke his leg skiing and was in the hospital.

The hotel and service was amazing. Michael F., one of the managers, went out of his way to accomodate us and make the hotel our home away from home. I have never experienced such amazing service in my life - and I travel a lot (SPG Plat). The things the hotel did for us:
*sent me a beautiful cupcake/cake in celebration of my b- day. I also got a hand drawn card with my name and signed by the staff of the hotel.

*the manager, Michael F., met us personally at the hotel when my husband was released from the airport and wheeled him up to the room. They also had gotten flowers for the room for when he arrived.

*offered to send lunch for my husband and i while he was in the hospital.

*sent us boxed breakfasts for our trip to the airport when we were leaving.

Overall, the hotel went above and beyond and treated us like VIPs. Al the staff was very kind and helpful. It was very unexpected, generous and genuine. We will definetly be back to the hotel on a future visit.

Thank you Westin Bayshore!

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank MillerCorona
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We were surprised to this contemporary room with beautiful bathroom and very comfortable bed. We stayed on one of the top floors in the tower. Beautiful view of the bay. Within walking distance from Stanley park and nice bars and cafes.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple