The Westin Bayshore was our favorite hotel in the world in the late 70's, when we and it were youthful. We revisited it this weekend for our 35th anniversary, and had a fine stay...lovely harbour view room with great bed, warm and caring staff, and a short walk to the beauties of Stanley Park (including the enticing Teahouse restaurants). As other have noted, the hotel facilities are showing their age...not old enough to be venerable but no longer chic. Westin needs to either refurbish/modernize, which will be an expensive proposition, or recognize the limitation in their pricing. We enjoyed wi-fi access in our room for $10/day, which is reasonable, but not reasonable was the fact that it applies to individual computers--so you pay for your laptop, iPad, and iPhone separately...beware. Enjoyed afternoon tea and a lunch at the Seawall Bar & Grill, and thought the service and food quality to be excellent...also liked watching the seaplanes flying in over the marina to land nearby. If you arrive into Vancouver via plane or train, and take the Skytrain system into town, the hotel is an easy walk from the Burrard Station, a bit longer from the Waterfront Station, but the pedestrian route adjoins the harbour. Very handy Starbucks in the lobby...better choice for breakfast than the expensive buffet, which is served in served in an unattractive, out-dated area along the hallway to the tower addition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the shores of Coal Harbour, overlooking historic 1,000-acre Stanley Park via its picturesque seawall and the North Shore Mountains, the hotel offers you the best of both worlds: an invigorating urban lifestyle and a relaxing resort-like experience. The hotel's 499 spacious guest rooms and suites feature stunning views over the water and the city. Our location on the water is unparalleled and will provide you with a one-of-a-kind West Coast experience, with downtown's thriving epicenter just blocks away and a variety of nearby shops, restaurants and cafes. The resort-inspired property features Vida Wellness full service spa, indoor and outdoor pools, and a pleasing variety of restaurants and lounges. Signature offerings include the Westin Heavenly Bed and Bath, WestinWORKOUT and RunWESTIN. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- Westin Vancouver
- Vancouver Westin