“First Class all the way”

The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver
Ranked #23 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Upon entering the room you will notice the fantastic view! Ask for a Coal Harbour view. Open the floor to ceiling glass doors that form a wall and listen to the beautiful sounds of Vancouver. Pull up a chair and watch all the activity, planes, ships, skaters, walkers, runners, dogs, bird, traffic and much more. Of course you have the heavenly bed and excellent service. Book it, you'll love your stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,254)

Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon in July 1986. So we decided we would stay here for our 25 wedding anniversary in July of 2011. We were treated like royalty.
Hotel is located right next to the sea wall and Stanley park. Canada place is around 1/4 mile away. Gas town in a fair 1/2 mile walk but we did it with no problems. The views from this hotel are spectacular in the tower. We had a view of Stanley park, the mountains and the harbor. We watched the cruise ships go in and out. The hotel gives you complimentary umbrellas. Everyone was so nice from the bell men to check in staff. The room was large, clean and nicely decorated. Huge bathroom. Gorgeous hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2011

Dear sredheada45,

Thank you so much for sharing such a lovely review! It was an honor to celebrate such a special occasion with you. We hope we can welcome the two of you back for many more anniversaries to come!

Reviewed 24 August 2011

I sent in a letter to the GM on 8/14/11. I have yet to receive a responce. First and last time with this hotel. This is the letter:
Emma,

I travel 85% of the time for my work. In and out of hotels on a daily and weekly basis.

I planed this trip up to BC with my family. We stayed at the Sheraton in Surrey , then your property.

I am very dissatisfied with the level of service I received at your establishment. This is why.

I called to ask for early check in. I was told to come by at 1PM and they would try
I stopped by at 2:30 to hear that you were full, my room would be ready at 3.
I came back with my family at 3:30, was once again told you were full and my room was not ready. I ask, was your full occupancy a surprise? You hadn’t had time enough to schedule enough housekeeping to meet the needs of your hotel? Or is it just when a room is not available is the standard excuse given is "we were full last night"?
We got into our room at 4PM
Went down to ask where the nearest liquor store was. I was told it was only a few blocks away. My wife went on a walk only to find out that most BC liquor stores are closed on Sunday. Either your front desk clerk didn’t know this, didn’t care it was Sunday, or just sent us on a wild goose chase
Your concierge was exceptional and the only exception to your hotel, she helped with food suggestions and informed us of a liquor store open on Sunday.
Poor service atyour bar. Lack of a trained bartender (she had to look up how to make a margreita) and other guest served out of sequence.
To top it off, housekeeping came by our room at 9:40AM! I guess they wanted to get a head start since you were FULL!
All in all our experience was sub par. Like I said in the beginning of this email I must travel due to my line of work. I do however have a choice of what hotels I stay at. I will be limiting my stays at Starwood hotels based off my experience at your property.

Bret P. Goss

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2011

Dear Mr. Goss,

I was very glad to hear that Emma was able to connect with you over the phone to further discuss your letter. Please accept our apologies once again. We are sincerely looking forward to welcoming you and your family back soon for another opportunity to showcase our true hospitality.

Reviewed 23 August 2011

We just stayed at the Westin Bayshore for 3 nights with our 2 teenage daughters and couldn’t have been happier.

Not sure where to start, so how about at the beginning? The first thing that will strike you when you arrive is the expansive foyer with its bright and airy quality that gives it a resort-like feel. Our check-in was lightening-fast.

The room was spacious and, frankly, gorgeous. With obvious attention to design details, it was decorated in white, beige and green tones, lending it the ambiance of a spa. The rooms are modern and sleek with clean lines. The bathroom was ample and the exquisite toiletries cannot go unmentioned. The signature fragrance is “white tea and aloe” and the green leaf-shaped soaps are an elegant touch. The in-room coffee maker comes complete with an array of speciality teas and Starbucks coffees. For travellers who value these “little things”, like me, you are bound to feel pampered. Speaking of which, I would be remiss if I didn’t comment on the beds as other reviewers have done; they are divinely comfortable.

This hotel was perfectly located for our “touristy” purposes: situated right next to Stanley Park, we rented bikes and enjoyed the unique beauty of this landmark park. The seawall pathway is just steps away from the hotel doors so it was convenient & fun to walk along the seawall to the convention centre, Canada Place and downtown and to experience the buzz of humanity all along its length. The Westin Bayshore is also near enough to Robson, so if you’re mobile and care to patronize its diverse shops and restaurants, it is a manageable stroll to the downtown core. We were fortunate to have a corner room on the 11th floor, which had a panoramic view of the park, the marina, Coal Harbour, North Vancouver and Canada Place—breathtaking!

Both the indoor and outdoor pools are lovely and surprisingly large. The lounge furniture in the pool areas is like new. The indoor pool has one of those neat little spinners to dry your swimsuit—I love those things! Everything was clean and spacious and there is a great exercise room—our daughters found it very well-equipped.

Having travelled for both business and pleasure, we’ve experienced a lot of hotels in our lifetime and this was top-notch. In the end, we were so glad we stayed at the Westin Bayshore and not a spot downtown. We’d stay here again in a heartbeat!

PS – We just found out that cousins of ours stayed at the Westin Bayshore last October and they had the same glowing comments to make.

2  Thank fromourhouse
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We stayed just one night at the Westin Bayshore but we had late check out the next day so we had time to enjoy the pool and hotel restaurant. We had the buffet breakfast which was probably the best breakfast I've ever had. The hotel is in an excellent location as you can walk to the shops and restaurants on Robson and Denman. The service was fantastic and all of the staff made us feel welcome and were extremely accommodating. I will definitely stay there anytime I go to Vancouver!

1  Thank lovegreece01
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2011

Dear lovegreece01,

Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful review with us! I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed such a memorable time with us. I completely agree with you about our wonderful breakfast buffet, we are so fortunate to have such an inspired culinary team! We look forward to welcoming you back from Victoria soon!