4,333 results
All reviews cruise ship five sails stanley park canada place your luggage convention center harbour view club floor pre cruise beautiful hotel grouse mountain waterfront station gas town luxury hotel corner room pool and hot tub coal harbour
Reviewed 6 November 2009

We stayed here Oct 8-11/09 and thought the location of this hotel is what sets it apart from other hotels in downtown Vancouver.

LOCATION: Downtown Vancouver, over looking the harbour & Stanley Park. Easy access to the "Canada Line" and transit, Gastown, Stanley Park and Robson Street. There are beautiful walkways along the harbour with places to stop for coffee, lunch, a drink or simply to sit on a bench & enjoy the view. It's attached to the Convention Centre and cruise ship dock as well. About 25 minutes via taxi from the airport or you can take the Canada Line train. You enter the hotel on street level but take either the escalator or elevator up 2 floors to the check in area.

ROOM: We asked for one with a view of Stanley Park and the harbour-we weren't disappointed. The room itself was slightly dated with older carpeting and the shower/tub should be updated. The king size bed was very comfortable and had crisp, clean linens. There was a nice lounge chair that faced the large windows overlooking the harbour. Also handy to have an in room safe, umbrella, fully stocked mini bar with snacks and a 40 inch HD flat screen television with all the channels & movies you could want. Very good toiletries were provided and there is a handy make up mirror as well. Note that when you check in they offer you a "complimentary newspaper", which is the Globe & Mail. When you look at the holder for your room keys, it actually says if you decline the newspaper, the cost per day will be deducted from your bill. You also receive an actual key instead of card access. Therefore, anyone can access the room floors via the elevators and I did notice signs posted saying "no view" at the elevator area.

DINING: For breakfast we simply walked over to the food court (connected to the hotel underground) which has a vast array of dining options (including Tim Horton's for coffee). There is a restaurant open for breakfast in the hotel if you prefer or order room service. We chose to eat dinner away from the hotel as well, but there is a beautiful dining option at Sails. In the lounge we sat and enjoyed coffee & drinks while listening to the entertainment of piano and singing. It was fabulous, with large windows overlooking the habour lit up at night.

FITNESS/SPA: We finally located the fitness centre, which is in the parkade. The equipment was newer and the facility wasn't busy when we checked it out (your room key is required to enter). The spa was fantastic and very busy. They offer every service imaginable-we had a couples massage & were given 10% off with our stay. We also enjoyed the outdoor heated pool and jacuzzi. There is an area with fresh towels to use and tables & chairs around the pool....again, great views.

SERVICE/SHOPS: Checking in and out was a breeze. We found the front desk staff helpful in providing maps and ideas of where to eat outside of the hotel. Our room was cleaned to our satisfaction. Service in the lounge was attentive and prompt. There are several shops for gifts and necessities as well.

Overall we were very pleased with the Pan Pacific Hotel and would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank AlbertaChristiegirl
Reviewed 3 November 2009

Good & helpful welcomes from this 500+ room hotel next to convention centre.

Good location as wonderful views if high enough, but a little out of downtown for walking/shopping.

Room excellent. Buffet breakfast included in rate excellent. Nice lunch in lounge overlooking harbour, but not cheap!

National car rental in foyer/garage!

Against:
NO free Wi-FI (remarkable for a business hotel!
Parking very expensive $30+ overnight

Date of stay: October 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2009

Nothing to be impressed with here except the view, which is excellent.
Would not return unless I was on a business trip and didn't care about luxury or I wanted to be close to the dockwhere the cruise ships board..
Indifferent concierges, mediocre food, so-so bedding, small/chopped up rooms even in the suites.
Yes it is clean, that's about the best thing for this sprawling corporate hotel.

Date of stay: August 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank CinderellaDearest
Reviewed 27 October 2009

i stayed in the hotel for 3 days and it was a great experience in 2006.The view is terrific from the room window.i am again planning to go to vancouver in the comming summers and would like to stay at the same place.food is also great.....Must visit the hotel on saturday nights and sunday afternoon for dinner and lunch...!

Date of stay: September 2006
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2009

It was a nice place to stay, however I would not choose this hotel on my own (it was an expenses paid trip booked for me for business).

The location and hotel are both beautiful but the staff is distant and aloof. Being from Vancouver I can say that there is a certain arrogance of locals amongst tourists. They assumed I was a tourist because I checked in with my passport and I definitely noticed it. I know this because when I checked in (a separate stay) with local ID the *same staff members* treated me like a local.

I have seen them treat minorities poorly too, as another review said.

I will recommend this hotel for white people with a BC license, but not tourists and not minorities. Great place if you have money to burn or it's free.

Date of stay: March 2009