“Great vacation home!”
Front of house
Living Room with 37\' flat screen tv and french doors opening to balcony, wall length bay window Kitchen with stainless appliances and modern and vintage furniture, mountain view, balcony
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Living Room with gas fireplace, 37' flat screen tv
View of kitchen and living room
Office with sofa that converts to a twin bed
Main floor powder room with sink and toilet
Master bedroom with large walk-in closet, queen bed, luxury linens and skylight
Masterbedroom
Master ensuite bathroom with tiled shower, radiant heated floors, toilet, luxury towels
Second Bedroom with queen bed, luxury linens
Second Bedroom with closet, chest of drawers and luggage rack
Bath amenities
Second upstairs bathroom with large tub, radiant tiled floors and luxury towels
Front porch that faces beautiful tree lined street
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

HChicks
Stafford, Virginia
“Great vacation home!”
Reviewed 29 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Beautiful, up-to-date home. Very nicely decorated. Loved the wide-plank wood floors, the lovely working fireplace. Comfortable beds, sofa. Well-equipped kitchen including Keurig. Super clean. Washer/dryer very nice to have. Plenty of room for all and private space, too. Pretty garden. Accommodating owner and friendly "concierge" next door. Perfect location. Quiet, tree-lined street. Short walk to great shops, dining, grocery, bus stop. No problem finding on-street parking. Thank you for having us!

Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
Maribeth
New Jersey
“Location, Landscaping, Livability”
Reviewed 12 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

My husband and I were planning a trip with our 21 and 25 y o adult children. I chose The Modage based on a picture and not knowing anything about Vancouver. We scored!
Located on a beautiful street very close to the city and within walking distance of shopping and eateries on Broadway and the market on Granville Island, we were comfortable and it was easy to navigate Vancouver. We were able to do a LOT over the 2 days and 3 nights we were there. Location, location, location.
The home is decorated with great style and color and is minimalist, making it easier to care for and so much more serene than a place filled to the brim with 'stuff'. However, there is everything you need here to stay in and cook meals, as well as lots of travel information and a great resource next door, where the owner's sister lives. She is lovely and not intrusive at all, but very willing to assist with info if needed.
Beautiful and lush landscaping, everything in working order and the 4 of us slept comfortably, using the two bedrooms upstairs and the office downstairs, with a very comfortable daybed. Perfect for the ages of our children.
Recommendations:
1) 49th Parallel on Fourth Avenue for the best latte around (although there is a Starbucks less than 2 blocks away as well)
2) 9th Avenue Grill on Broadway (9th Avenue)...also two blocks away....has a delicious and very fresh breakfast and even supplied gluten-free toast for this woman with celiac disease. Fantastic!
3) Also dined at Gramercy Grill, 2-3 blocks down our street and enjoyed eating pasta al fresco there.
4) Gastown
5) Stanley Park
6) West Vancouver and a company called "Scenic Rush", which made it possible for my son and husband to drive a Ferrari and Audi 8R on the Sea to Sky Highway. They loved it and the owners are fantastic!
Highly recommend this property and owner. Very easy to work with. Really charming home architecturally and decor-wise.
We are typical Americans who are very accustomed to air-conditioning and hit Vancouver during an unseasonably warm weekend. The lack of air conditioning in the Pacific Northwest and BC was something I was unaware of and I probably would have packed different clothing to sleep in, had I noted that. But we lived through it and are no worse for the wear....we moved on to Whistler and there is no A/C here either, so it's just an adjustment for us as we hit the warmer summer months.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Dawne W
“My home away from home.....”
Reviewed 21 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

This was my second visit to The Modage, as I was so thrilled with my stay last year. My kids live in Vancouver and I travel to see them and their friends for a late Thanksgiving celebration. Well, I'm afraid to come back a third year as it's been so well-received - I ended up with 20 for dinner this year! This is the most amazing home that has everything you could want - spotless, completely well-equipped, peaceful and so close to everything. Walking distance to Granville Street, West Broadway, Granville Island - you could even trek into Downtown Vancouver if you were up for a longer walk. It is bright, airy and decorated in a comfy-quirky theme. I have a better sleep at The Modage than I do in my own home! Absolutely highly recommended for everyone - thank you, Lesley!

Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: It rained 2 days!
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Traveler4...
South Haven, Michigan
“Ready to go back”
Reviewed 3 December 2011 for a stay in November 2011

Great stay at the Modage. This was perfect for our family of 4 and our daughter's friend. Walking distance to shops and many great restaurants. House was extremely clean. I can't think of anything to complain about other then we didn't get to stay long enough.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Columbus Ohio
Reviewed 22 February 2011 for a stay in February 2011
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing