“Unbelievably poor service”

Selfology
Ranked #75 of 224 Spas & Wellness in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: spa. salon. a caring selfology® We are mindful of creating deep selfology care experience beginning with spa and hair subject matter experts. A selfology is a caring self. Discover Your Undiscovered Self.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I have had possibly the worst retail experience in my 53 years of existence at selfology. I initially spent three days trying to book an appointment, assumed it was booked and showed up to be told that I did not have an appointment. When I suggested their booking system was not effective I was told I was wrong and she had no interest in hearing my concerns. Suby , a staff member there booked me an appointment in person for the following week, and I had received a confirmation from their online booking site indicating I had an appointment for yesterday. I showed up, again was told I don’t have an appointment, was treated so poorly I was flabbergasted by the rudeness. Told that I could not use a Groupon. When I asked to speak to the owner of the company with an absolute Zen approach, I was told there was no owner but rather the salon was co owned by the staff (???). Low and behold the owner walked through the door who was equally as abusive (I do not use the word loosely) and kicked me out of the store.
I would say the behavior was just short of filing a serious complaint as I felt threatened. Short of that I will share my experience and hope that the universe does not support a company with such poor behavior and ethics. I went next door to Suki’s and had a great haircut so not all was lost.
I am still shaken by the outrageousness of the interaction!!!

3  Thank onesocksarah65

Reviewed 14 February 2018

DO NOT BOOK ANY SERVICE WITH THIS SALON. I booked a Groupon two weeks ago and then reached out to the salon for an appointment. The salon asked if I was happy to agree with them processing a refund with Groupon on behalf of me and pay them directly which is what I agreed to assuming direct payment to the salon was the best choice for the business. I booked my appointment for tomorrow. Since making the appointment I received 5 emails today back and forth with selfology and Groupon where Groupon made it clear that I as the customer myself had to contact their Customer Care to get my refund.
I emailed Selfology saying I ageed to the refund based on it being a simple process to which I got the the response

''You have to be nice to us. you seem to have temper in your reply, as in that case, we can simply refuse to relate to you. It's Valentines Day and we are not looking for attitude''

After reading other reviews, you should not be in business! Learn how to treat your customers!
I have never written a review for a business before but I am outraged - I hope other customers will take their business elsewhere after reading about my experience and many other similar reviews online.

8  Thank Sinead M
Reviewed 6 February 2018

Listen if you are travelling from far away and trying to book an appointment at this place consider this. First, can you even get your foot in the door? there's a limit to certain times of day and number of groupons per day, as wheelchair accessibility its not exactly right in front of a bus stop. There's about 4 hairdressing chairs, two hairwashing stations, one wooden waiting bench, one small sitting tea area where staff sometimes occupy, one single massage room, and one couples massage room. Service is either fantastic(because you are being served my the staff not the managing team aka keyboard warriors) or nonexistent because eh hm you can't reach anyone because no one can answer the phone "due to high volume of customers" it is turned off? Their words not mine. Then why not go to another place, similar price, and more consistent service? As far as I know if anything goes south you are refunded your groupon and that's supposed to make up for all the planning and anticipation you had for this place.

5  Thank goingsologirl
Reviewed 3 February 2018

Booking an appointment here is impossible. I had a Groupon for a couple's massage and facial, but after several attempts to make an appointment, I ultimately had to contact Groupon to trade-in for another couple's massage at another spa.
I had submitted an online booking form...no answer. I had called several times a day for a period of time...with no answer. The answering machine suggests to write an email, which I did, but you guessed it!...no answer/reply! I had also left voice message with no response.

I had exhausted all my options, apart from showing up at the spa and demanding an appointment. I think they may have oversold the Groupon and can't handle the volume. I can't speak to the quality of the experience of the spa, but trying to make an appointment was awful and frustrating. With so many other spas in Vancouver, I would likely try any other spa, that at least answers either their online form, phone, voice mail, or email.

6  Thank Jessica C
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Originally I was disappointed with this business. I had a Groupon and I had a hard time reaching them to make an appointment. They do not allow Groupons to be used at prime times which I don't think I read in their fine print on the Groupon. I bought a couples massage/facial and wanted a Saturday appointment so my boyfriend and I could continue the day together. We had to book during the week so he had to leave for work immediately after. We both enjoyed our massages and facials. The price for parking in the parkade is expensive. It is a little cheaper at the meters on the street but I found free 2 hour parking a few blocks away.

1  Thank BonniePortCoquitlam