Review Highlights
Rude customer service

Rude customer service. You'll never get and appointment here, especially if you have a group-on. I... read more

Reviewed 6 June 2018
Rudy l
Rude, impossible to book an appointment

Terrible customer service at this salon, and a very strange "culty" feeling. After calling, leaving... read more

Reviewed 1 May 2018
Marisa M

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Vancouver
from USD 98.60
from USD 85.60
from USD 74.66
from USD 122.30
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 February 2018

DO NOT BOOK ANY SERVICE WITH THIS SALON. I booked a Groupon two weeks ago and then reached out to the salon for an appointment. The salon asked if I was happy to agree with them processing a refund with Groupon on behalf of me and pay them directly which is what I agreed to assuming direct payment to the salon was the best choice for the business. I booked my appointment for tomorrow. Since making the appointment I received 5 emails today back and forth with selfology and Groupon where Groupon made it clear that I as the customer myself had to contact their Customer Care to get my refund.
I emailed Selfology saying I ageed to the refund based on it being a simple process to which I got the the response

''You have to be nice to us. you seem to have temper in your reply, as in that case, we can simply refuse to relate to you. It's Valentines Day and we are not looking for attitude''

After reading other reviews, you should not be in business! Learn how to treat your customers!
I have never written a review for a business before but I am outraged - I hope other customers will take their business elsewhere after reading about my experience and many other similar reviews online.

Date of experience: February 2018
8  Thank Sinead M
Reviewed 6 February 2018

Listen if you are travelling from far away and trying to book an appointment at this place consider this. First, can you even get your foot in the door? there's a limit to certain times of day and number of groupons per day, as wheelchair accessibility its not exactly right in front of a bus stop. There's about 4 hairdressing chairs, two hairwashing stations, one wooden waiting bench, one small sitting tea area where staff sometimes occupy, one single massage room, and one couples massage room. Service is either fantastic(because you are being served my the staff not the managing team aka keyboard warriors) or nonexistent because eh hm you can't reach anyone because no one can answer the phone "due to high volume of customers" it is turned off? Their words not mine. Then why not go to another place, similar price, and more consistent service? As far as I know if anything goes south you are refunded your groupon and that's supposed to make up for all the planning and anticipation you had for this place.

Date of experience: October 2017
5  Thank goingsologirl
Reviewed 3 February 2018

Booking an appointment here is impossible. I had a Groupon for a couple's massage and facial, but after several attempts to make an appointment, I ultimately had to contact Groupon to trade-in for another couple's massage at another spa.
I had submitted an online booking form...no answer. I had called several times a day for a period of time...with no answer. The answering machine suggests to write an email, which I did, but you guessed it!...no answer/reply! I had also left voice message with no response.

I had exhausted all my options, apart from showing up at the spa and demanding an appointment. I think they may have oversold the Groupon and can't handle the volume. I can't speak to the quality of the experience of the spa, but trying to make an appointment was awful and frustrating. With so many other spas in Vancouver, I would likely try any other spa, that at least answers either their online form, phone, voice mail, or email.

Date of experience: January 2018
6  Thank Jessica C
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Originally I was disappointed with this business. I had a Groupon and I had a hard time reaching them to make an appointment. They do not allow Groupons to be used at prime times which I don't think I read in their fine print on the Groupon. I bought a couples massage/facial and wanted a Saturday appointment so my boyfriend and I could continue the day together. We had to book during the week so he had to leave for work immediately after. We both enjoyed our massages and facials. The price for parking in the parkade is expensive. It is a little cheaper at the meters on the street but I found free 2 hour parking a few blocks away.

Date of experience: November 2017
2  Thank BonniePortCoquitlam
Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

First I called and left 2 messages to make an appointment. Was told they would call me back. 5 days later still no call back. I called again and finally got someone to talk to. (It's May). They told me the first available was September. I tried to be more flexible with my time, offered a weekday. First available end of July. When I suggested I needed to cancel my Groupon the man on the phone was so rude! He began to berate me and say I was being unreasonable. I explained that waiting 4-5 months for a massage was a pretty valid customer service problem he hung up on me. If your that busy, why have a Groupon? And it's great that your busy, but don't get mad at me if I'm not willing to wait 4 months for a massage.

Date of experience: May 2017
8  Thank Mimii013
Management response:Responded 23 June 2017

Ours sincere apologies for the long wait due to the high volume of requests, and we hope for your patience with this boutique team, as we are staying more focused in the spa and hair methodologies and experience (we are shortlisted for 2017 Luxury Travel Guide by the UK), before we advance the reception logistics for the 600 appointments each month into better automation (see good news below).

We are also very sorry that we are late to this “review” panel – we wish we have more time for discussing online reviews and for the information war that sometimes peruses. The thirst for empowerment by crafted facts.

We naturally love meeting new people who are new to selfology, giving them space to breathe in the peace, and exhale harmony. Just good and peaceful vibe with a genuine personality. We care about Client Centre Therapy approaches, and therefore we are also more compassionately forthcoming.

One thing for sure, we will never “berate” someone due to the refunding of a Social Buy Voucher. There are also internal-guidelines where we will offer proactive refund straight away, for example, when we feel we cannot meet the expectations, and when the person becomes annoyed easily due to wait-time alone and people who have heavy consumerism-syndrome (Customer is always right mindset). Our reaction to warmth is warmth.

The Deal-Voucher refund process with the Social Buying site (*sidenote) is very smooth and has been an easy process for the past two years with very minor hiccups. (*sidenote: it used to be two places, but since the big one ate the smaller one recently, only one mega Social Buy site now.)

We are also focusing heavily on coordinating the supportive client, and we are finding ways to expand while keeping the vibe people love, holding true to our People Compass core values.

Reference: Words by clients who filled out the Net Promotor Score survey after their selfology experience:
Visit Listen360 and search for “selfology” (our apologies as Trip Advisory Algorithm does not like URL)

Selfology People

**************
APPOINTMENT-REQUEST FOR SELFOLOGY
We never want to miss your call deliberately, and we love constructive feedback and we then we prioritize them accordingly. We have finally figured out the bugs and workaround, and tested driven the MINDBODY app, and we are ready to launch our Selfology Phone APP for Appointment-Requests

For Appointment-Requests, see these links,
• Selfology iOS APP
(Search iTune App Store for “selfology”)