1,879 results
All reviews chi spa market by jean georges lower lobby alberni street bathroom mirror beautiful hotel nespresso machine one bedroom suite hotel experience steam room favorite hotel breakfast was included valet parking turn down service an upgrade four seasons heart of downtown
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We spent a fabulous 3 nights pre cruise at this hotel, we stayed in an Executive Balcony King room & had two balconies however both were small & a bit strange. bed was extremely comfortable & the room was very well equipped. The location is excellent, right in the centre & easy walking distance to everything/everywhere. Breakfast was delicious & served which is more pleasant than a buffet style. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms have city views but the higher the better re noise & view
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Kate M, Resident Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Monarch2000,

Thank you very much for your kind review on our Tripadvisor page.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your 3 nights with us thanks to the comfort of your room. I am also delighted that you spent delightful moments at our restaurant thanks to the quality and variety of our breakfast menu.

I sincerely hope to welcome you again very soon.

Best regards,
Kate Martin, Resident Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

'It smells like the Shang' exclaimed my daughter. I repeated her comment to the front desk personnel checking us in and she replied 'Indeed, all Shangri La Hotels use the same scent'.

That sums up my stay. We were back at a wonderful Shangri La Hotel again. Lush bedding. Excellent mattresses. Great sleep. The new addition for us were the TVs in the bathrooms.

Just out the doors is a supermarket and various eateries. Very convenient and in a nice clean part of the city. Vancouver is not the cleanest city (rather upsetting I must say) but the area the Shang is located in is nice.

However I was charged $48 for over night parking! A staying guest, parking within the premises. Room service was very disappointing as well in that they charged an extra fee for food delivery of about 18% if I am not mistaken (or was it 8%), and of course 13% taxes charged in BC and I think you had to pay gratuity on top of all that as well. Needless to say we did not have room service.

The staff from the car park valet, front desk and cleaning service were great.

Room Tip: The suites are wonderful. They have a lovely balcony area to have breakfast in.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank mayaede
Kari K, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear mayaede,

Thank you very much for your feedback and for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

It was a great pleasure hosting you at the Shangri-La Vancouver and I am glad you had a wonderful time from the minutes we welcomed you at the hotel. Your appreciation and recognition are a great encouragement for the entire team and will certainly be shared. Moreover, I am really pleased to see that you could make the most of your stay in Vancouver thanks to our privileged location.

I sincerely look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again at the ​Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My family recently stayed at the Shangri-La hotel in Vancouver. It was such a nice room with floor to ceiling window views of downtown Vancouver. It was in a great location allowing you to walk to several sites downtown. There was a desk, couch, 2 beds in the room, and an umbrella was in the closet to use while staying at the hotel. The bathroom was spacious and the mirror even had a tv in it allowing you to watch tv while getting ready in the mornings. The bathroom contained all the toiletries you would need for your stay including toothbrushes and tubes of toothpaste. The only negative was the hair dryer. It was terrible!! Bring your own if you want your hair to be dry during your stay. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Vancouver. We are staying at Shanghai-La in Toronto next month. Hope we have as great a stay there. Can’t wait to see how it compares to Vancouver Shanghai-La.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Stephanie O,

It is a wonderful feeling knowing you and your family really enjoyed our hotel and its facilities. I am pleased to read that you appreciated the comfort of your room and the view. Moreover, I am glad to see that you could make the most of your stay in Vancouver thanks to our privileged location. Indeed, it is really a great advantage to be at a walking distance from every corner of downtown. Finally, your constructive feedback on the hair dryer is highly considered for our future improvement.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stayed for four nights. The bed and room was super comfortable, we slepted like a log. All the staffs were very attentive and kind and elegant. We felt very pampered and relaxed. This can easily become our second home. There were many pillows to choose from. The room was very clean, sometimes hotel towels and bed sheets have a funny chemical scent that is leftover from their cleaning products. I could easily tell they really put in the effort to make sure to use high quality materials in the interior design. There wasn't much to complain. Beautiful and luxurious.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Tina Y,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about your experience with us.

I am pleased to read that you felt comfortable and enjoyed your overall stay. Your lovely comments are sincerely appreciated and I am particularly happy you found our team attentive and helpful. Finally, I am thrilled that you and your husband chose Shangri-La as your home away from home for your Vancouver getaway.

I hope we have an opportunity of welcoming you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver again soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Living in Asia we have tried numerous Shangri-La properties. In Vancouver we stayed for five nights to spoil ourselves after a couple of weeks in remote lodges. The attention to details is quite unique, best materials and craftmanship is evident everywhere; from the consierge to the piano player in the Lobby it just works well. Excellent service and food in the Market restaurant. We had a small emergency, no problem, had prompt first aid help, and a no-charge limo to the hospital. Needless to add that the suites are excellent and the location of Shangri-la is hard to beat. Highly Recommended

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear PolarbearSingapore,

Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your experience at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver.

It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest during these 6 days. I am thrilled to read that you had the most wonderful time here at the hotel and that you were happy with the service and facilities provided. I am also glad to know that you spent delightful moments at our restaurant, Market by Jean-Georges, thanks to the quality and variety of food on our menu.