“service is zero”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Takeout
Neighbourhood: Shaughnessy
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Ate here for lunch today. Sushi is alright, not great. They're getting a low score for being rude. The server, of Chinese descent, was the rudest server ever. She was annoyed when my friend mentioned the wrong food "Tsk. Gomae does not have pork! What do you really want!?... Do you want brown rice too or tsk...." with side rolls of eyes, sighs and full facial attitude. She looked annoyed that we were there. Very very rude. I left without giving a tip. Thank me for not snapping back at her!

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for a sushi dinner out. The restaurant we planned to go to had folded so we walked down Broadway to try somewhere we hadn't been. We liked their menu because they have wild caught salmon and tuna so we gave Sushi Bang a try.

The staff were pleasant and attentive. I didn't find the seating comfortable if you like something to support your back. Their booths are weirdly designed for the human anatomy.

My husband and I ordered different sushi combos. The sushi came with enormous slabs of rice. For me that is a telltale sign of bad sushi restaurants. Perhaps they think that they can make up for the poor quality with quantity of the cheap ingredient, rice. We only ate about half the food on our plates and left. We won't be going back there. Vancouver has lots of good sushi restaurants.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Tiny space, but we were seated quickly and the food came fast. Sushi (Cali roll and asparagus roll) had a great fresh flavor, and the rolls were just huge. Veggie spring rolls were not great - clearly frozen and not fresh made. Hot tea served first rather than water, a nice touch.

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

This place is small, but the service is fast and the value is strong! Appetizers are affordable and good portions.

The sushi combo and sashimi combo are good prices and very good value.

Parents, this place has a very big washroom, take note. Helpful for people with kids.

Reviewed 6 August 2016

The place isn't fancy, but the food is terrific and the service rocks! If you get a chance to eat here, don't be put off by the busy atmosphere... it's great!