“Wow, Wow & OMG!”

Ranked #369 of 4,063 Restaurants in Vancouver
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Truly Amazing. If u want amazing pizza that is gluten free & will hit the spot as if it had. Come here. I felt great the next day too.
I am not vegan, however this place just may convert me.
Such quality, freshness & flavours. Thank you!

Oh, don't forget the ice cream! Got a free scoop because so busy. (Their always busy) so greeeaaat!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Although this is a review for the service at UBC, it is a forewarning for anyone wanting to try Virtuous Pie's pick-up method. I called an hour before I wanted to pick up 4 pizzas and was reassured that my order would be ready on time. When I showed up, they made me pay and I gave a generous tip (in anticipation for the great food and service). However, I was immediately told that they didn't have my order and it was "lost." When I expressed my confusion over why they made me pay without verifying that my order was ready, they seemed blase and unbothered. They told me that they would put my order through ASAP, but I waited over 35 minutes for it. After waiting, they offered me a free pint of ice cream with my order. This was kind, but in my opinion, was not sufficient compensation for my $70 order. When I got home to feed my hungry friends, we noticed that the pizzas were scarce and did not have the usual amount of toppings. As someone who continuously eats at VP, I was thoroughly disappointed.

4  Thank Sam G
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Virtuous Pie is a small pizza joint serving up vegan pizzas with nut based cheeses, salads, ice cream, and kombucha on tap.

The pizza gets two thumbs up! We tried the superfunghi (mushroom) and stranger wings (buffalo cauliflower). The cauliflower one had more flavor, but both were delicious. Both the kombuchas were good too (ginger hibiscus and bellini). Garlic bites were worth trying - little fried dough breads with garlic flavor in middle.

The only disappointing thing was the ice cream. I had high hopes for the vegan ice cream. The pretty Instagram pics of the ice cream is actually what brought me here. The guys next to us were having the flight and recommended the Hawaiian vanilla, so that's what we got. It was overly sweet and had a chalky texture. Maybe the other flavors are better?

I'm looking forward to coming back to try more things off the menu. They've got happy hour from 230-530, including $2 off all pizzas, $2 kombucha, and $4 garlic bites.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

There are so many restaurants in Vancouver but very few that do vegan well. Have been going to Virtuous ever since they opened and even though am not able to eat standard pizza (no meat, no diary) even if I could, I would never go back. These pies are so much better!! The sauces and flavor combos are unique, delicious and creative. The quality is consistant and perfect every time. The crust is crispy and thin and yes, there are gluten free options too.
For the gourmet who appreciates food made with care (and pizza not floating in grease!!) this is for you. It is crowded..yes. But it takes about 20 min for take out, so just have a walk around the neighborhood while you wait.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Great food. A bit confusing as you enter. Can not tell who's waiting and who's not! Ordering is at the end of the place. Seats are very narrow. Good value for money. Would definitely visit again but probably not during rush hours. They really need to space up. If you don't mind awkwardly waiting for your food or being squeezed while eating it I highly recommend visiting this joint.