“Hidden bar”

Ranked #1,467 of 3,945 Restaurants in Vancouver
Neighbourhood: Mt. Pleasant
Neighbourhood: Mt. Pleasant
Reviewed 13 April 2015

The narrow is a hidden bar that is quite hard to find if you don't know what to look for. The bar is quite small and offers a wide selection of beers and wine, around a dozen cocktails and also some typical pub food.

We tried various beers and all of them were really good. The staff was also very friendly and attentive. We are definitively coming back.

Reviewed 6 March 2015

Tiny locals joint , or those in the know. Probably pretty cool for late night. Appies we had we very good. Look for the red light to find the door.

Reviewed 1 November 2014

Grabbed drinks here after dinner and it was an awesome little spot. Speakeasy feel, very hipster clientele. Glad we popped in. The beer selection was craft mostly and a wide variety. Truffle popcorn was also a nice nosh.

Reviewed 11 October 2014

My girlfriends and I had a night out and I wanted to find us a unique yet trendy place that they would be impressed with. The place was perfect. No signage, no windows, definitely creepy looking at night. My friends were scared of the building and were kind of upset with me for bringing them to a place that looks like that. There is a red light on the side of the building and we couldn't find an entrance there (although I think there is one there because once inside you realize there are people entering the facility from both sides of the lounge - so, two entrances) we walked to the back where there is an alley and there is what you assume is a patio but you don't know for sure because its covered with bushes and lights. There is a black cat that hangs out in front of an industrial purple door and a space that looks like you shouldn't be there. They made me go in first while they waited outside. I turned a corner and saw a vintage gaming machine and then came to an actual narrow lounge. It was quaint and quite appealing. I honestly loved it. My friends came in once they knew it was safe and we all loved it. I usually order Gin and Tonic but I wanted to try something different so the bartender suggested adding elderflower to it and it was great. Our server was very nice and friendly. Even when it got super busy she always made sure we were okay and that we can stay as long as we want even though other people were waiting to be seated. We ordered a small order of the Tilapia Tacos and were so blown away with them that we ordered them all night long. I must have eaten 8 alone. Great place, I cannot wait to bring other friends. There unfortunately is only one booth and a few tables and then chairs at the bar...so the place is small but totally worth it. It was a fun experience.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We just dropped in for a quick drink after having dinner at The Parker. It was a Friday night and the place was packed. Fun atmosphere and good music. We didn't stay long but we'll be back next time we're in town!