“Probably the best nitrogen ice cream in Yaletown!”

Mister - Artisan Ice Cream
Ranked #29 of 142 Dessert in Vancouver
Price range: USD 5 - USD 9
Neighbourhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Description: Mister is committed to creating a product that is unique and delicious, providing premium quality for every customer that walks through our door. Only the highest standard is applied to our ice cream, in every detail from ingredients to packaging. Our shop is a friendly neighbourhood spot; our goal is to create meaningful relationships with our community and a destination for natural, delicious food that brings people together. Our ingredients are sourced from local farmers and we strive to support the B.C. community wherever possible. Our relationship with our suppliers is as important to us as the interactions we have with our employees and customers. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and innovate our product, create the best experience for our customers, and make a positive impact on our community. Nitrogen is a natural element which makes up approximately 78% of our atmosphere. In its natural liquid state, nitrogen has an extraordinarily low boiling point of -196 degree Celsius. By using liquid nitrogen in the production process, Mister is able to rapidly freeze our product at ultra low temperatures which results in much smaller ice crystals and less air than found in traditional ice cream. What does all this mean? A richer, creamier, denser ice cream that doesn’t require stabilizers and fillers. Made with pure, all-natural ingredients, we know you will love Mister at first scoop!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We had dinner with some friends from Hong Kong in Yaletown. They were told by friends before coming to try Mister Artisan Ice Cream when in Vancouver. It just so happened that Mister Artisan Ice Cream was just around the corner from the restaurant that we went to. We decided to go there for dessert instead of ordering it at the restaurant. I've always enjoyed ice cream made from scratch using liquid nitrogen. When we got there, there was no line-up and we were able to order right away. We ordered a double Oreo, a Hong Kong milk tea and a double chocolate, all in cups, to share. By the time we got our order, the place was packed with people. The place opened just over a year and half ago. I heard there were long line-ups in the summer! But worth the wait.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Very unique Ice cream in Yaletown. Worth the walk or the drive. I had the double Oreo ice cream sandwich, my friend had the ‘s’mores.... Very cleverly done and the portion size was well worth the price. Next time I am in town I will make it a must stop!!

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

The ice cream here is superb and a cool experience! It is definitely worth coming to check it out once!

Reviewed 2 December 2017

Mister is a must-visit anytime I'm in Vancouver--the rich flavors and luscious texture cannot be beat (not even by frozen custard). So far I've enjoyed the S'mores and Double Oreo flavors, and am contemplating Earl Grey Creme Brulee on my next visit.

The lines can be long, service slow-going, but for me that's a small price to pay for the amazing taste.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Stopped by recently after dinner in Yaletown for a treat. There was a lineup out the door so that was a good omen. Pretty new place and the staff were friendly and helpful. You can buy cones or just have your ice cream in a small bowl. Also, they have ice cream sandwiches. Unique method is the nitrogen so kind of a cool experience watching them make your ice cream. We loved the tastes and the quality of their ice cream. The waffle cones are a good size and so are the ice cream sandwiches. We will return. Also, the prices are pretty good. I was expecting higher prices.