Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
lc898
Washington DC, District of Columbia

Five star facilities but service is just fine

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Nov 2023via mobile
Stayed here for 4 nights in August, booked via Amex FHR.

The hotel is stunning. My room was spacious, well appointed, so comfortable, great all around! The bed was heavenly. Housekeeping was also great, the amount of attention to detail really blew me away (wipes for my glasses, wrapping up my cords, organizing my hair stuff.). Great bath/shower toiletries as well as bath salts for the tub (I’m honestly still dreaming about that tub!) Loved the cookies during turndown service, and really enjoyed using the pool. Valet service was fast and efficient.

FHR experience: I received an upgrade to a room with a preferential view. The woman at the front desk who checked me in was so helpful and carefully explained all of the benefits to me. Breakfast at the hotel was OK, fairly standard for an upscale hotel but nothing that blew me away. Service was fine but not the most friendly. My FHR amenity was just a bowl of apples in my room which is pretty boring (and I can’t even eat apples). When I went to check out I was told that they were actually only covering half of my FHR breakfast allowance. I explained what I had been told at check in and showed them the letter that even had the breakfast allowance amount written out by the front desk at check in. I’ve had several FHR bookings as a solo traveler and have always received the full benefit amount (regardless of if it’s 2 of us or just me). The man checking me out insisted that I was incorrect and after a bit of back and forth agreed to cover the full amount but made it clear this was an exception. Really not a great way to end the stay.
Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Responded 14 Nov 2023
Dear Ic9865,
Thank you for taking the time to do a great review of our hotel. We truly appreciate the specific feedback regarding the FHR amenity, allowance and breakfast offerings. This allows us an opportunity to improve our products and services. We are glad you enjoyed your overall experience with us, we look forward to welcoming you back soon. We are also pleased to share we will be commencing our renovations starting January 2024.
AU$599
  • travelup.com
0.6 km from Rosewood Hotel Georgia
View more hotels in Vancouver
2,366 results
All reviews hawksworth restaurant heated floors rain shower turn down service junior suite beautiful hotel four seasons lobby lounge concierge desk little touches downtown vancouver every staff member fitness center valet parking stanley park homewood bel
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 October 2023 via mobile

A great hotel in a central downtown location. My wife and I spent three nights in Vancouver and the hotel couldn’t be more accommodating. The front desk at check in made sure we understood all the amenities of this elegant hotel. They made us feel welcomed from the beginning and to the end of our stay. Be sure to speak to the concierge about reservations for restaurants and places to see during your stay. We have stayed in many nice hotels throughout the world and this hotels service is one of the best we have ever had. I look forward to coming back to Vancouver and staying here again. You will not be disappointed.

Room tip: Transportation is very good, as we got around without a car. If you are flying in take the Skytrain and the hotel is one block away.
Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ISMAIL KHALIFI, Other at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2023

Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2023

Lovely hotel with a beautiful art deco feel to it. The service is impeccable and the front desk staff were extremely polite when we dealt with them. Stunning bathrooms and amenities, very comfortable beds and pillows. Central location

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ISMAIL KHALIFI, Other at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2023

Dear Avalon,

Reviewed 11 September 2023 via mobile

The rooms and restaurants were outstanding. Best of all the location was great. It was centrally located and you could walk every where including the waterfront. Most amazing was how helpful the Consierge was.
When my sleep apnea mask broke the day I arrived in Vancouver Gerardo found a company that would replace it. He was going off work then so he took a train to the company a half hour away, picked up the replacement and brought it back to the hotel. This was exceptional and made my stay in Vancouver enormously more pleasant.

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank atlanticcity
Rosewood Hotel Georgia, Marketing at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2023

Dear atlanticcity,
Thank you for taking the time to do a great review of our hotel. We are glad you had an amazing experience here with us and the team was able to assist you with your machine. We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2023

A fantastic city hotel!
Excellent location with very attentive staff. 2 excellent bars - both very different, but we loved both.
Fantastic dining options.
The pool and gym facilities were amazing.
And the room was beautiful - excellent size for a city hotel, very large bathroom with 2 separate sinks - which I love! Extremely comfy bed and pillows, and excellent quality bedding.
Also the housekeeping was excellent - very good attention to detail, and lovely turndown service.
100% would recommend, and I would stay here again.

Room tip: Ask to use the shower facilities in the pool/spa if you have a late flight home
Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ISMAIL KHALIFI, Other at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2023

Dear Francesca,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our hotel!

Ismail Khalifi
Rooms Operations Assistant Manager

Reviewed 21 August 2023

We booked this hotel through BA Holidays as the final hotel of our Rocky Mountains and Vancouver adventure for the last 3 nights and wow, what a hotel. I contacted the hotel earlier in the year asking if we could be allocated a room on a higher floor as we were concluding our holiday in Vancouver for our recently celebrated Pearl wedding anniversary.

We drove down Highway 99 from Whistler and dropped the car off not far from the hotel. It was quite early in the day when we arrived and our room wasn’t ready so we sat in the coffee shop in the hotel whilst we waited.

The lobby area of the hotel appears quite dark but once your eyes have adjusted, the history and elegance of the hotel shows. It is very striking.

After a while, we popped back and asked if our room was now ready. The gentleman at check-in said it was and stated he had given us a room on a higher floor which was much better than the one we were originally allocated. We thanked him and took the lift up.

We were allocated room 1204. We had a small hallway that had a connecting door to the suite next door (obviously locked). The tea and coffee making facilities were located here. There was also a chargeable mini bar, chocolates and wine.

The room was a good size with a king bed and a small seat under the tv. The view was of the art gallery across the road and beyond. There were USB ports and a socket located on the bedside tables.

To the right of the TV there was a huge walk-in wardrobe and the bathroom, well, if only I could take it home.

There were two sinks with vanity / grooming products provided in the drawers. The shower was huge and had two showerheads. The bath was great to have a soak in after a long day out exploring. Underfloor heating was a nice touch but care is needed as the tiles could be slippery when wet.

After unpacking there was a knock at the door. We were greeted by a member of staff holding a cake with a lovely note from the MD wishing us a happy anniversary. An extremely lovely touch, thank you.

When we returned after dinner on our first night, housekeeping had been to do the turndown service leaving biscuits at the side of the bed, a bottle of water each and placing our slippers by the side of the bed.

We didn't get this service every night. On the second night, housekeeping knocked and asked if we needed anything and we asked for water, biscuits and more tea. On the third night the slippers re-appeared with more water.

The only thing I would point out is that the air conditioning vent is located by the small hallway area which is very near the thermostat controls so when the cooler temperature was reached, the air con switched off before reaching the room, so it never got really cool.

On our last day, we had an evening flight so after checking out, we left our luggage with reception and had a final attraction to do before coming leaving. The hotel staff were very accommodating and said that we could use the showers in the pool area to freshen up before leaving for the airport.

If I was visiting Vancouver again in the future, this would definitely be my go to for both location and service.

Room tip: Ask for a higher room
Date of stay: July 2023

Dear Jobe_lake,
Thank you for taking the time to do a great review of our hotel. We are glad you had an amazing experience here with us and it was truly a delight reading the feedback and the amazing detailed review. We also truly appreciate the specific feedback regarding the AC thermostat. We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.