Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
GoGoBear
Seattle, Washington

Oh Rosewood, how I missed thee….

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Aug 2023
The Rosewood and I have a bit of history. The Mrs. and I are regular travelers to Vancouver, with our first stay at the Rosewood being back in January 2015 (the review is here on Tripadvisor). That stay was a spectacular experience, and the Rosewood became our favorite place to bed down when visiting the city (indeed, we agreed it was our favorite hotel – period). Since then, we have stayed at a few other Vancouver properties when the rate differential and our personal finances dictated that we do so, but there were also multiple Rosewood stays in there as well, because, well, it’s our favorite.

Then COVID hit.

That meant we went from visiting Vancouver at least 2 times a year to going two years without a visit at all. And when we could finally return, the Rosewood seemed to never have the most competitive rate amongst the Amex Plat “Fine Hotels and Resorts” listings for the city. As a result, we found a “new favorite” – the Shangri-La (which is very, very nice, mind you).

But…in June of this year, when I was REALLY needing a getaway for some ME time (solo travel), and I went searching for the best Fine Hotels and Resorts deal I can find on the Amex Plat website, the Rosewood came through. Yaaa!

First thing I did after making my reservation was to email every supervisor or manager at the Rosewood whose business card and email address I had, announcing my return in a shameless and not at all veiled appeal for special treatment and benefits (because, yes, I am that guy). And indeed, it seemed to have paid off because when I arrived, I was double upgraded to a very nice 1-bedroom suite (with two, count them, two restrooms!), that had a nice welcome amenity included. Ahh yes…the Rosewood.

Now, that first stay more than eight years was less than 4 years removed for a top to bottom complete renovation of the property that took four years and $120M to complete. Everything seemed absolutely brand new (even though it wasn’t) and just looked amazing. Now, eight years after that stay and 12 years after that massive renovation, things don’t look exactly brand new anymore. There’s a tiny, tiny bit of wear and tear showing here and there…with me primarily noticing that the furniture in my suite was a wee scuffed, and the fabric surfaces (carpet, sofa, etc.) looking a little bit dull and worn. I only mention this because I had such fond memories of how beautiful everything looked during those initial stays. It was not at all a problem, and I am confident 99% of people wouldn’t even notice, particularly if they didn’t have anything to compare it to.

There. I’ve lodged my “balance feedback” compliant.

Oh Rosewood, how I missed thee….

What separates 5-star hotels from 4-star hotels isn’t necessarily the property itself, or the infrastructure. It is the people. It is the service. And during my four night stay the service just was magnificent. The way people remembered my name…left kind notes in the room…saw to my every need (including some I didn’t know I had until they were addressed) …it was just FANTASTIC. It was EXACTLY the care and pampering I came for, exactly what I needed. This is why I work hard and pay to stay at 5-star hotels (the beds are better as well…lol).

I didn’t dine at Hawksworth during my stay – there is some issue with ownership and being able to charge things to your room or something I was told (I don’t remember the details), but the room service meals were great, as were the meals I had at the lobby bar, where I went for breakfast every day, and had dinner a couple times. I also didn’t go to the spa or workout room, but I am confident they are excellent.

Overall, it was just a magnificent stay, everything I could have hoped for. (except for one thing…I was SOOO looking forward to seeing my new fancy car parked out front of the hotel, but alas, in the garage it went…though I can’t complain really since my parking was comped…see, that’s why I collect those business cards…lol).

Thank you, Rosewood Georgia, for being exactly what I needed when I needed it. I am sorry I cheated on you with the Shangri-La…. will you forgive me?

Date of stay: June 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 15 Sept 2023
Dear GoGoBear,
Thank you for taking the time to do a great review of our hotel. We are glad you had an amazing experience here with us and it was absolutely a delight reading your detailed review and specific feedback. We are also pleased to share we will be starting our extensive renovations starting in January 2024. This will include full lobby, outlets and guest room renovations. We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Director of Rooms
    AU$615
0.6 km from Rosewood Hotel Georgia
View more hotels in Vancouver
2,367 results
All reviews hawksworth restaurant heated floors rain shower turn down service junior suite beautiful hotel four seasons lobby lounge concierge desk little touches downtown vancouver every staff member fitness center valet parking stanley park homewood bel
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 August 2023

Excellent 5 star treatment - wonderful staff. Nicely appointed room. Our one suggestion - what about a one or two hour window (perhaps in evening) for adults only in pool. It is advertised as a lap pool and we both wanted to do laps but a family with kids playing making an exercise session impossible.

Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rosewood Hotel Georgia, Marketing at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2023

Dear LouiseVancouver,
Thank you for taking the time to do a great review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your experience with us, and also appreciate the specific feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2023

The absolute best place to stay in Vancouver. Lucky enough to stay here a couple times a year for business travel and every time is a privilege. Our most recent trip was for 6 nights & it was our best yet. The hotel is great but it’s made by the staff who can’t do enough for you. They take the time to remember each guests name which goes a long way. So many small little bits that make this such an amazing place to stay. Can’t wait for our next visit.

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear kieranknight94,

Reviewed 2 August 2023

I have 6M miles on AA so I travel a bit. This is the most perfect experience one can have at a luxury hotel. The rooms are large and beautiful, the staff phenomenally accommodating, housekeeping is perfect ... no stone is left unturned. I called the concierge from the States and asked for restaurant recommendations. He sent me a 5 day reservation list of his recommendations ... every one was great. the amenities in the room are over the top including book marks, tags for your computer cords, loofa scrub etc. For such a great hotel the room price is remarkably cheap!!

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear StevenW934,

Reviewed 26 July 2023 via mobile

Stayed for a weekend in April. Perfect location. Really wonderful service, an excellent spa, and an unparalleled attention to detail (including small things like a converter for the Bose speaker, sewing kit/nail file, fresh fruit and notes from staff). Truly a notch above its ‘peers’. I most likely won’t stay anywhere but here on future trips.

Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Rosewood Hotel Georgia, Marketing at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2023

Dear Nikita,
Thank you for a great review of our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your experience here with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2023

Fantastic stay! The absolute best hotel in Vancouver. We were greeted warmly upon arrival. We were early but out room was ready for us. The GM of the hotel personally welcomed me and touched based a few times during the stay to make sure everything was going well. Our room was incredible. I am a very particular and a picky person and the room was perfect in every sense. Large, immaculate, stocked with coffee and water all the time. They had a great gym as well on the third floor. It is not a hotel gym. It felt like a local health club. I also must have called the concierge 5-10 times a day requesting restaurant reservations or recommendations for 10000 things but they were super professional and prompt EVERY TIME. I am telling you, if they can deal with me they can deal with anyone. We can't wait to go back.

Date of stay: May 2023