“Comfortable, cosy and clean with great hosts!”
other travellers have booked this property
Back yard and seating area Bedroom 2
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Bedroom 1
Back yard and seating area
Bedroom 3
Kitchen
bathroom
Living room
Kitchen table
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 5 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Excursion...
“Comfortable, cosy and clean with great hosts!”
Reviewed 14 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Located in the Vancouver Marpole neighborhood right on Granville Street. Harvey and Jenn were great hosts. Their ground level suite had all we needed to rest well, prepare meals, relax and get ready to launch in to each day of sightseeing.
They were spot on with suggestions of were to eat, The Red Star had amazing Chinese food and East is East is now one of my favorite restaurants in the world! Their thoughts on transportation, directions, sightseeing were all good. When Harvey went out of his way to call me to relay a message it really made me feel like I was staying with family
The location is just minutes from the SGI Nichiren Buddhist Culture Center on Cambie at Marine Drive West so we were able to get there easily, which was one of the many things we wished to do . And it is another example of both the excellent location and access to public transit for those who,like us are not renting a car.

Their place has a well equipped kitchen. The grocery was just a few streets away. It has comfortable beds, plenty of towels, a laundry and lots of room. We had fine weather but if you had to stay in there were books, games and more tv channels than there is time to watch. Did I say how clean it was?

By the way, their home is just a few blocks from Marpole park. It's the location where people lived along the Frazier River between 1500-2900 years ago!

Thanks Jenn and Harvey!

16 May 2018
Thanks for the review, Jim and family. It was great to have you guys as guests!
Jeffrey G
“Excellent”
Reviewed 8 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017

We had great stay the place was great, clean and affordable Harvey and Jenn were awesome people would definitely book here again

9 Mar 2017
Jeff and his family were great guests. Wonderful people, easy to talk to and were very understanding of our house rules.
I was very happy to host them and would highly recommend them to potential guests.
Tami W
“Pleasant and welcoming”
Reviewed 28 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

I would highly recommend anyone visiting Vancouver to stay here the hosts are very attentive welcoming and helpful I really enjoyed my stay here and if I ever come to Vancouver again I'll be staying here if it's available if it's not available I'll have to reschedule my visit so I can stay here again best place I've ever stayed at thanks sooo much Harvey for being wonderful and helpful.

28 Feb 2017
Tami was a great guest, easy to talk to, very attentive to our house rules and kept our place very clean. I would be happy to have her back and would highly recommend here to any host!
dangerboy...
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Location, Comfortable Suite”
Reviewed 14 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Jenn and Harvey are wonderful hosts. They made sure we were well informed of their suite and everything we needed prior to arrival. Even though they couldn't be there when we arrived, they made sure there was someone there to greet us and go over everything and make us feel comfortable. The suite was very comfortable and perfect for our stay. Everything we needed was made available to us (kitchen utensils, bathroom stuff and laundry). Pay the extra for the parking as it was right outside the suite and very convenient. Even though there seemed to be available parking on the side street, being able to park right at the suite made unpacking and packing very easy. Overall this suite was ideal for what we needed for the few days we were there.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location/hosts
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
15 Aug 2016
Holly and her family were wonderful guests, easy to communicate with and very nice people. It was very easy to host them, and I would be happy to have them back again. I highly recommend them to any future hosts.
Teresa W
“The owners are the BEST!”
Reviewed 30 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Jen and Harvey are very welcoming and want to make your stay the best! They really do have a great balance of letting you do your own thing and making sure you are ok. They provide tea and coffee in the space along with some fruit on the first day. They had great suggestions of things to do and places to eat.

The home is outfitted with all brand new beds and furniture. The house we very clean when we arrived. All of the cooking supplies are provided for you. The ceilings are low but for us 5'6'' and under we had no issues. The converted den that has a double size bed is just perfect for a kids room. The other two beds are a queen and a king and the rooms are just fine. This is an older house but doesn't really have any issues. We didn't use the closets but they may be a little tender with age. The shower is quite short so if you are over 5' tall that might be challenging for you. Oh, the patio was also great for my 2.5 year old, we played in the yard everyday. The fence isn't enclosed and opens us to a rarely used alley. We didn't leave him unattended but felt great to have outside space. This is a basement apartment so it stay cool in the summer moths and darker longer as there are long days in the PNW in the summer so that was helpful! So the house also was had a couple of other amenities: toys for the kids- HUGE bonus, Premium TV, a Brita filter, cooking spices and oil, yard games, and HARVEY AND JEN!

I would say that if you are a light sleeper bring earplugs. The house is located off a main road and you are in the "basement" apartment. My father who is not a light sleeper heard nothing so no issue! Just depends on how you sleep.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the owners, the beds, toys, and fully equipped kitchen
Liked least: the noise
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
3 Aug 2016

You were a lovely guest. It was a pleasure to meet you, your father and your lovely child. I am glad that you enjoyed our space.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing