“Authentic food”

Ranked #781 of 4,145 Restaurants in Vancouver
Neighbourhood: Little India / Punjabi Market
Neighbourhood: Little India / Punjabi Market
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We had lunch here on the way to Vancouver. We liked it so much that we went there again a couple of days later when driving back to Seattle. We started with pepper style baby corn, was very good. Dosa, vada, kesari mini tiffin was great. Madurai kothu parotta was top notch. The tamil style biriyani hit all the right notes.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 19 April 2018

Good menu, Well prepared food, nice selection of dishes, when your palate gets jaded with local food make a visit to this indian restaurant.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 12 February 2018

I finally visited this restaurant for lunch and was looking forward to the thali. I have had thali in many parts of the world, and this was, not bad, but not great. I found the portions very small. I like spicy food, and I found this quite bland. There was taste, but nothing that made me want to say that I would come back and try the thali again.

However the fried fish appetizer was very good.

The service was very good.

Another problem was that we were seated not far from the kitchen, and for 10 minutes we heard a very loud machine, that was drowning our conversation! While the kitchen was noisy and this was somewhat acceptable, the noise from the machine - a mixer - was very loud and annoying.

I will come again to try other dishes as I must give this restaurant the benefit of the doubt, but the thali, which was the main reason for my visit, was disappointing.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

This cozy restaurant is located on Fraser just above 49th Ave. The restaurant is spotlessly clean with their own logo-inspired art works on the wall.

I had the goat (boneless) vindaloo and it was unbelievably good! I will be dreaming of this meal for months. I had a nice hot chai tea and a vanilla ice cream topped dessert.

The server was very polite, almost shy. She seemed to float from table to table almost imperceptibly.

The food was very affordable and I cannot wait to get back.

Don't miss going to this restaurant when you are in town. You will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank stephentC6992OV
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Our good friend Vineeta who lives in the neighborhood insisted that we try the Madras Spice for dinner. Of course she did the ordering so I wasn't too familiar with the various dishes but to say that with the exception of one dish our dinner was fabulous.

Date of visit: June 2017