“Good sushi but expensive for what it was”
Review of Tough City Sushi

Tough City Sushi
Ranked #15 of 51 Restaurants in Tofino
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2022 via mobile

Tried to get a table here at around 5:30 pm because the restaurant opens at 4 pm. Because we were a group of seven this seemed to cause problems even though there were lots of tables free inside the restaurant and at the back where there are views over the harbour.

So unfortunately we had to sit out the front on a picnic table in the Sun which was not ideal. The sushi is good but the service is slow and it is expensive as well.

Date of visit: August 2022
1  Thank Thomasmoore79

Reviewed 2 August 2022 via mobile

Worse service we have ever experienced!! No respect at all in this place. Since we came in the owner had no wish to let us in his restaurant. He screamed and insulted my family with no reason just because we wanted a table outside. He then grabbed the menu from my hand with no respect at all and kicked us out of his property while he continued insulting us until we got in our car.

Date of visit: August 2022
6  Thank yeoshuas
Reviewed 2 July 2022 via mobile

Sushi was world class and so was the view. Our server was amazing but the host / owner was a grump ( nicest explanatory I could come up with) and not just with us . I witnessed him telling a group of 6 that he wasn’t interested in seating them just for drinks. Excuses like “short staffed “and it would “f@ck things up” . He was blocking the entrance with his whole body talking to this group so we couldn’t leave. No , really saw and heard it myself. This would explain why he asked us rather gruffly if we were “here for sushi” when we walked in. His whole body language and attitude is just not suited to greeting people. Stay away from the front door Ron. Please.

Date of visit: July 2022
2  Thank Maps54987492032
Reviewed 10 May 2022

I have been to Crazy Ron's twice, once in 2009 and again in 2022. It was that memorable that I came back 13 years later. Fantastic food, great service, the owner is a wonderful and quirky character who is very much his own spirit. They have a roll called Buddha's Dream (or something like that), which has salmon and strawberries, it was honestly the best combination of sweet and savoury. Very impressive quality fish and a great spot to visit while in Tofino.

Date of visit: May 2022
Reviewed 1 May 2022

It is one of the unique business concept , it is family run with the Inn (eight rooms ) and Sushi restaurant , and is nestled on the edge of the town , facing into Clayoquot Sound , best keep secret in Tofino , lot of locals told us we have to try it out for dinner , but I am hesitant about it , Sushi ? in small town like Tofino ! and girlfriend #5 love Sushi , she happy to go try it out , I was and SURPRISED and I am wrong , Wow ! the restaurant very cozy and relax atmosphere , and the lady owner very friendly , the little patio have amazing view , menu very creative lot to choose from , and not pricy at all , with the top quality and freshness of fish , OMGI ! special the SALMON , so fresh and sweet just melt in my mouth , beautifully presentations , happy to say my girl love every bite , if you fussy about sushi , this is the place you have to try , I may move here just for the SALMON !

Date of visit: April 2022