“Great view of the sound, lousy host.”
Review of Tough City Sushi

Tough City Sushi
Ranked #15 of 51 Restaurants in Tofino
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2022 via mobile

Sushi was world class and so was the view. Our server was amazing but the host / owner was a grump ( nicest explanatory I could come up with) and not just with us . I witnessed him telling a group of 6 that he wasn’t interested in seating them just for drinks. Excuses like “short staffed “and it would “f@ck things up” . He was blocking the entrance with his whole body talking to this group so we couldn’t leave. No , really saw and heard it myself. This would explain why he asked us rather gruffly if we were “here for sushi” when we walked in. His whole body language and attitude is just not suited to greeting people. Stay away from the front door Ron. Please.

Date of visit: July 2022
2  Thank Maps54987492032

Reviewed 10 May 2022

I have been to Crazy Ron's twice, once in 2009 and again in 2022. It was that memorable that I came back 13 years later. Fantastic food, great service, the owner is a wonderful and quirky character who is very much his own spirit. They have a roll called Buddha's Dream (or something like that), which has salmon and strawberries, it was honestly the best combination of sweet and savoury. Very impressive quality fish and a great spot to visit while in Tofino.

Date of visit: May 2022
Reviewed 1 May 2022

It is one of the unique business concept , it is family run with the Inn (eight rooms ) and Sushi restaurant , and is nestled on the edge of the town , facing into Clayoquot Sound , best keep secret in Tofino , lot of locals told us we have to try it out for dinner , but I am hesitant about it , Sushi ? in small town like Tofino ! and girlfriend #5 love Sushi , she happy to go try it out , I was and SURPRISED and I am wrong , Wow ! the restaurant very cozy and relax atmosphere , and the lady owner very friendly , the little patio have amazing view , menu very creative lot to choose from , and not pricy at all , with the top quality and freshness of fish , OMGI ! special the SALMON , so fresh and sweet just melt in my mouth , beautifully presentations , happy to say my girl love every bite , if you fussy about sushi , this is the place you have to try , I may move here just for the SALMON !

Date of visit: April 2022
1  Thank tony l
Reviewed 20 April 2022 via mobile

Lucky to have visited on a sunny early evening when one could sit on the terrace overlooking the water whilst watching an otter go about his business. Service was seamless and the food to a very high standard. The buzz and lively atmosphere of people enjoying a good meal with friends / family was only augmented by the proprietor Ron, who is as down to earth and amiable as one can be. Thoroughly enjoyable in all ways.

Date of visit: April 2022
1  Thank HinMunich
Reviewed 11 January 2022

I love sushi, I eat disturbing amounts of it whenever I luck out on finding a good place. This is a fun vibe kinda place, the place where a guy who I assume is an owner, walks around and talks to the customers. Staff are great. Seafood was of the best that I had on my trip. Try the Sake hot. Thank me now or thank me later.

Date of visit: November 2021