“Really good food and service”
Review of Spotted Bear - CLOSED

Spotted Bear
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 December 2014

On a quiet week night in late November we had an excellent dinner. The braised beef was succulent and falling off the bone. The octopus starter was the best I have ever had; it was served a bit caramelized and was very tender. For those who have suffered from octopus that was like eating your bike tires, this is the place where you find out how good it can be! Food and drink prices are very reasonable. Recommend reservations, especially if you are a group, as it is not very big.

Reviewed 3 December 2014

My wife surprised me with a lovely dinner here for my birthday. A taste of home in every bite with a West Coast twist. Delicious!

Reviewed 26 November 2014

We loved this warm cozy restaurant on a cold night. There were so many fantastic looking dishes that we had trouble deciding what to get. However I can say that the mussels are not to be missed. This was my favorite restaurant out of the many we visited during our stay in Tofino.

Reviewed 9 November 2014

Very good food, nice atmosphere, friendly staff and good service, the Spotted Bear has it all. We loved the Tuna tartare and the mussels. It was delicious!! Can't wait to go back. Booking essential... !! It's very popular.

Reviewed 8 November 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed our evening at the Spotted Bear.

The atmosphere - really cozy and comfortable.

The food - delicious - interesting and beautifully presented.

The service - great - comfortable and efficient, friendly.

Don't miss this place. We hear the brunches are good and we'll try that the next time we're in town.