“Outstanding brunch”

Spotted Bear
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2014

Only open on sundays for brunch, we visited on our way out of town.
Glad we did. The menu was imaginative and made you want to get out of your comfort zone: Brits on toast for me, and french toast and chicken fingers for my wife - really? Chicken fingers?
The home made sausage that accompanied my "brits" was outstanding! And, well, the fingers actually made sense with the french toast! Who knew!
Try this place, you'll like it!

Reviewed 9 October 2014

Not the most opulent restaurant by any stretch, but the food was spectacular, the service was fabulous and the ambience was perfect. Without question, the best restaurant in Tofino!

Reviewed 4 October 2014

My husband and I tried the Spotted Bear on a whim and were very happy with our dinner there. The restaurant is nicely decorated, with friendly helpful staff, and best of all, fantastic food. My husband said his salmon was the best he had ever tasted. I enjoyed my pulled pork appy with Tofino Brewery beer very much... We would definitely recommend this restaurant as one to try while you are visiting Tofino.

Reviewed 2 October 2014 via mobile

Popped into here on our first night arriving on a recommendation from the B&B owner. We were the first for the evening and had their new fall menu. We had the burger and a fish dish. Both were very tasty and filled a hole after a long trip from the other side of the island. Service was great and the decor very pleasant. It's great that Tofino is getting a bigger range of dining places. We struggled a little on our first visit 6 years ago. Definitely worth popping in for the food. We would happily dine there again.

Reviewed 30 September 2014

Our beet and goat cheese salad was great, but I don't think I've ever had better ling cod, and the tagine-spiced vegetables were to die for. My husband's slow-roasted short rib was excellent, too. Another plus: it's slightly cheaper than some of the very over-priced restaurants in Tofino.