“Beyond expectations”

Wolf in the Fog
Ranked #12 of 51 Restaurants in Tofino
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Named Air Canada’s enRoute’s Best New Restaurant in Canada 2014, Wolf in the Fog captures the true spirit of Tofino. Chef Nick Nutting’s seasonal menu features seafood and fish in abundance from Tofino suppliers, meat and grain from Vancouver Island farmers, and wild greens and mushrooms foraged from the forests and seashores of Tofino. A focus on family-style gatherings, communal dining and share plates, encourages guests to engage with their food. Bringing a wealth of international technique and talent, the team holds a passion for the natural environment of Tofino and the produce sourced there – from foraging for chanterelles or cooking whole salmon for friends; Tofino is where they have chosen to be.
Reviewed 30 March 2021

I can't say anything bad about this place. It is one of the best meals. We ordered a number of dishes including halibut, pasta and gnocchi. The halibut tastes so fresh and the seasoning is perfect. The gnocchi is sumptuous. We love the desert. We hope to go back there for takeout before we leave tofino.

1  Thank mickey_victoria

Reviewed 23 March 2021 via mobile

The host was rude and lacked all
Ability to create ambiance or even care about us. The worst customer service experience I have seen in Tofino. The food was such a disappointment. The duck pasta was mediocre. The lamb chops so fatty and in edible, the Indian... Indian week? Gross. Not to the caliber. I booked this reservation three months ago. No option to cancel when we see it’s Indian week and not the actual food the restaurant is known for, local west coast cuisine. Charged us to book, wouldn’t let us leave, food was similar to a pub without creativity, taste or presentation. Spent $300 on the meal and won’t be going back. Such a disappointment. On a special occasion. This is my first bad review. I don’t write these. Eat at shed, shelter, Great Room. Again the host is awfully rude

3  Thank sharac515
Reviewed 19 March 2021

I completely understand there being a cancelation policy but only if it’s communicated at the start. Called 30 hours before our reservation to cancel it as we were feeling unwell and we have a pet we forgot we couldn’t bring and the man told us our deposit would be kept. We were not told of a deposit nor a cancelation policy and when we communicated this to him he said “well what would a credit card number be for” in a super snarky way. When I explained that the person actually had told us we could call and cancel as we were unsure when he booked it he said “well I’m sure that’s not true” and continued to tell me I was wrong. I have worked in tofino for many years and was astonished by the way this person spoke to me on the phone !

I told him that in the future they should really make sure to tell people about a cancellation policy as that’s not a normal for a restaurant - and he kept repeating “well why would be ask you for your credit card.”

All in all a super terrible experience where the two staff members we spoke to were so snarky and rude.

It’s definitely not normal for a restaurant to have a cancellation policy of 10 dollars per person and it’s definitely not normal for the staff to be so rude.

3  Thank Travelmoreolivia
Reviewed 19 March 2021

We had a terrible phone conversation with the staff as we cancelled our reservation 27 hours before our date. We were charged 10 $/person on my credit card for our cancelation. "We could lose business because of this..." was the answer on the phone as we tried to state our case. I was NOT warned of the matter and no details on this policy were shared with me the day I booked. We quietly asked to reconsider yet the staff on the other side of the phone "imposed" his verdict.

2  Thank Catherine B
Reviewed 19 March 2021

We made a reservation a week before for 4 people. We needed to cancel the day before so we called the day before. There, a man said that we would not be reimbursed for a 40$ deposit we made. They never told us we made a deposit! Then they said that they had a 48 hours cancellation policy, which again was never mentioned in the previous reservation phone call.

2  Thank mayad745