Lock in great prices from these sites
Rhonda - Sparks B
Kelowna, Canada

Moms getaway

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Aug 2020via mobile
My bestie and I had a trip planned for over a month to Ecolodge in Tofino. We were on route to the ferry when I got a call from my mom tell me my son was going into an emergency surgery, so of course I turned around to go home to West Kelowna. When I call the lodge they asked for the reason we were cancelling and the fully refunded us our weekend stay. The compassion of the reservation agent blew me away and I’m so grateful for the service I received. I will definitely rebook my vacation as soon as I have the time to do so. Thank you so much for your amazing service and gratitude Ecolodge.
Date of stay: August 2020
    0.8 km from The Ecolodge at the Tofino Botanical Gardens
    Beachfront
      3.5 km from The Ecolodge at the Tofino Botanical Gardens
      View more hotels in Tofino
      See what travellers are saying:
      Selected filters
      Reviewed 20 June 2019 via mobile

The grounds were lovely. Got to see a bald eagle fishing and captured his take off into flight over the calm waters on video- so gorgeous! The accommodations were super clean, beds comfy- great sheets and towels- even a guest robe. Showers stocked with necessities. Breakfast was great- best bread ever, jam, oatmeal - lots of toppings and fresh baked muffins! Good coffee as well- walking distance to town. Lovely spot.

Date of stay: June 2019
      Trip type: Travelled with family
      Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

The Ecolodge is situated on 12 acres of stunning gardens. The rooms are clean, comfy beds. Most rooms have a shared bathroom but they were never crowded (even though the lodge was full). Breakfast is included and is delicious. Large shared living space and kitchen (so you don’t have to always eat out). The staff is amazing and the price is right. Look forward to going back.

Date of stay: October 2018
      Trip type: Travelled with friends
      1  Thank TLWil18
      Reviewed 23 July 2018

Ecolodge is exactly as advertised. Yes, there is a shared bathroom; yes, you have to wash your own dishes and prepare your own meals. Yes, there is an amazing rainforest botanical park to explore, yes, the staff is amazingly friendly and helpful. The large eating area and other common areas provided the opportunity to meet people from all over the world.

Date of stay: July 2018
      • Trip type: Travelled with friends
      Reviewed 5 January 2018

It is like a mountain lodge, with one shared bathroom for women and one for men, a common room and comunal kitchen. Rooms are a bit basic. Everything is extra clean, that wasn't a problem at all. Breakfast was ok (you need to clean your dishes after yourself though). I guess we had wrong expectations, as we thought we were heading to some sort of boutique hotel. You'll like it if you enjoy organic food and a hippy vibe.

Date of stay: December 2017
      • Trip type: Travelled with family
      4  Thank RoMaurino
      Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We booked last minute 'walk in special' queen bed with a shared bathroom on the main floor for $149/night plus tax. The room was very clean and robes were provided which was a nice touch with the shared bathrooms. However the ladies bathroom was a bit of a walk down a hall and upstairs. The walls are very thin so people upstairs walking/ kids running till 10pm was very loud. No TV in room - not a biggie but for the price it would have been nice. Bed was AWFUL. I think for cleanliness there was a rubber topper on the bed so it sounded and felt like you slept on an air mattress.
      Breakfast is a shared affair included in the price but came out at 7am and no coffee till 8am which seemed late to us. Breakfast was continental but you need to be sure to be on time or nothing will be left.
      I have to compliment it was very clean, including the bathrooms but didn't appreciate the noise and poor bed for the cost. It was more like an $80/night upscale hostel.

Date of stay: July 2017
      Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      4  Thank Trishalishy