Priceline
bree_topham
Vancouver, Canada

SIMPLY AMAZING

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Apr 2024
Jordina and Katie were ABSOLUTLEY SPECTACULAR! This trip was for my mothers 60th birthday and I was surprising her there and to have the cabin all decorated for her. Your team was so communicative in letting me know when her and my father were being checked in through the phone app and texting me so I was able to record her walking in. I was so grateful for your teams help with that you don't even know! I am just so sorry this wasn't sent in earlier! The cabin on the waterfront was so stunning and we enjoyed our time there so much, walking on the beach taking photos, and especially with sitting around the fire watching the water just enjoying the view. Thank you so so much for your hospitality, everyone was so friendly to us, you have a WONDERFUL team working there for you! I know I will most definitely be back with my boyfriend for a visit this year it was so great!
Date of stay: December 2023
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AU$339
      2.8 km from Ocean Village Resort
      Beachfront
      View more hotels in Tofino
      1,946 results
      All reviews pool and hot tub mackenzie beach the kitchen beach front storm watching amazing location dog ov ocean units fires pet surf accommodations proximity rain
      Selected filters
      Reviewed 28 February 2024

Our children booked and purchased, from overseas, a two night stay at the Ocean Village Resort for us, as a gift. The accommodations, facilities were very clean and comfortable. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. My husband used the pool, hot tub and Bar-b-que. But one of our greatest experiences was Alan, of the Shiatsu Massage Shack. We highly recommend this service. Both my husband and I had a wonderful sleep that night, which is rare for us . Due to all the above we booked an extra night stay. We highly recommend the Ocean Village Resort especially the Shiatsu Massage Shack to every one.

Date of stay: February 2024
      Reviewed 7 February 2024

Ocean Village Resort (OVR) in Tofino has been providing great cabin- style accommodation since it opened in 1976. As a family we discovered it in the late 1980s when we came to visit Canada’s Wild West coast, shortly after immigrating to Canada. We loved the studio cabin it offers —
      accommodating four guests —which was perfect for me, my husband & son, & as well a friend, too, if my son wished to invite one along.
      We came out to OVR around three or so times over the late 1980s & 1990s, & enjoyed all our visits.
      We came out mostly to enable my teenage son to surf, something he loved then, still does all the years on, & likes to do as frequently as he can, something he often achieves now he lives with his family in Ucluelet, Tofino’s non-identical twin ocean village 26 miles south.
      I had been thinking of perhaps getting a chalet cabin as a trip down memory lane, this time in a bigger cabin, which could accommodate six so that my son, & his wife & two children could join in the reminiscence, & have fun at this great resort. With that in mind I called to get rates etc. & was fortunate to have Katie @ OVR take the call. She was a delight & most helpful answering my questions with her loverly Irish accent. The studio now is 200$, certainly a reasonable rate for the location, & the largest two-bedroom cabin is around 500$.
      OVR is on Mackenzie beach, which is just one away from Chesterman, which Lonely Planet this January named as the sixth best beach in the world. Certainly many of the local surfers, who come to Chesterman would agree. It is 1.7 miles long, has a nice sandy beach & some good tidal pools too. Tofino has a number of good surfing & walking beaches, such as Mackenzie, where OVR is located, as well as others like Cox. And close by there is the great long Long Beach. Staying at OVR gives one easy access to all of them, as well as dining at wonderful Roar at Hotel Zed up the way
      Posted by S Fuller

Date of stay: February 2024
      Reviewed 22 August 2023

LIARS! The resort advertised a room online and I booked this for a special occasion. The resort then realized they priced the room too low (THEIR MISTAKE, NOT MINE) and they asked me if I would like to rebook at a higher price. I said I wanted to keep my original booking. I had booked through a very well known third party site called Booking dot com and when asked on the site if I would like to pay the deposit, I said yes. Then The Ocean Village Resort canceled my booking saying I didn't pay the deposit. The resort's cancellation was dishonest, they need to honour their original booking. False Advertising!

Date of stay: August 2023
      • Trip type: Travelled solo
      1  Thank rippinchick
      Katie Below, Guest Services / Front Office at Ocean Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2023

Dear rippinchick,

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience when trying to make a reservation with us through Booking.com. It seems there was a discrepancy in the booking price for our beachfront 1 Bedroom Cabin. We understand your frustration, and we did our best to communicate the situation as soon as we realized the error. We offered options to rebook at the correct rate or cancel without any charges.

We highly recommend booking directly through our website www.oceanvillageresort.com, as there is always the possibility of error when booking through a third party. Unfortunately these errors are often out of our hands. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope to have the opportunity to make it right in the future. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Best,
      Katie

Reviewed 11 June 2023

Our three nights stay at Ocean Village was delightful. Our cabin was clean and the kitchen was well equipped. The 10:00 quiet time was much appreciated and observed by all guests. Great location near the beach. We would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: June 2023
      • Trip type: Travelled with family
      Katie Below, Guest Services / Front Office at Ocean Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2023

Dear franceb766,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Tofino, and for sharing your delightful experience at Ocean Village!

We are thrilled to hear that you found your cabin clean and the kitchen well equipped. Our team takes pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and ensuring our guests have everything they need for a memorable vacation.

Thank you again for your positive feedback, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back. If there's anything we can do to make your future visits even more special, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Warmest regards,

Katie Below
      Ocean Village Management

Reviewed 21 May 2023

The experience is amazing because of the beach and proximity to the beach, and I highly recommend this resort, if you can afford it and are ok with basic amenities for a very high price. We've been going for many years.

Sadly, this resort is now price-gouging. It was always pricey but worth it to us for the $500-700/night for a once a year special birthday trip. Price raises to nearly $1000 a night in summer 2023 for a 1-bed cabin with minimal amenities are an insult to the many local people who I know have been saving up to go for there annually for years. Not sure what the reason is - new ownership or what.

You get the amazing location, especially the beachfront cabins, but for those prices you'd expect at least a better check-in time than 5pm - the latest of every other resort we've ever stayed at - so you can get value for money, Wi-Fi that works, a much better pool and other amenities to match the eye-watering per night prices, and maybe even a complementary fire-pit to take on the beach (now open fires on the beach are banned, or were last time we visited) instead of having to pay $50 to rent one, or it seems you now have to buy them outright.

Don't believe those prices? Try booking. We even made the trip during COVID, despite restrictions around the pool, when we were trying to support local places we loved and this is the reward. Even off-peak is incredibly expensive now. These prices compare to 5* beachfront hotels with luxury amenities, yet Ocean Village has minimal staff and very basic amenities to upkeep, so the price rise is hard to understand and it's hard to see this as anything other than greed and a desire to cater to a more upmarket customer base, rather than families (in fact their website seems much less family-focused now than it used to be).

Such a shame to price out locals like this and it breaks my heart to post a review for this place ( couldn't bring myself to just put a 1 star even though this new pricing deserves that) we have so many wonderful memories of but hopefully the management will read this and the other feedback on pricing I know they are getting on social media and realize their current direction is the wrong one and a slap in the face for loyal customers.

Date of stay: July 2022
      1  Thank L7209Bvacationer

Hi L7209Bvacationer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us at Ocean Village. We understand that you found our rates to be higher than expected and felt they did not offer good value for money. We genuinely appreciate your concerns and would like to address them.

The rates at Ocean Village are carefully considered to reflect the unique benefits and offerings we provide. As an oceanfront property, we aim to offer our guests an unparalleled experience of being close to the beautiful coastal scenery. The captivating views and the calming sound of the waves are part of the added value we offer.

Additionally we take pride in the fact that our cabins come equipped with kitchens, allowing our guests to have the convenience of preparing their own meals and reducing the need to dine out for every meal. This provision is designed to provide flexibility and cost-saving options, especially for guests planning extended stays.

We are very fortunate to have the only swimming pool in Tofino, therefore it is one of our best offerings, which we take pride in maintaining to the best of our abilities. We have just recently completed a big renovation of our pool and hot tub facility, and we have another big update scheduled for January 2024. This facility does cost to maintain and operate, and these renovations are especially costly.

In regards to our 5pm check- in time, I understand that it may seem late for some guests. While it is not always necessary, it allows us to better manage busy days and ensure that our cabins are thoroughly prepared to meet our high standards. We continuously assess our operations to find ways to streamline our processes and minimize any inconveniences causes.

In terms of pricing, we regularly assess our rates to ensure they remain competitive with other similar hotels in our area. Our goal is to strike a balance between providing top-notch amenities and maintaining a fair price point that aligns with the market. We apologize if this aspect of our offerings was not fully communicated during your booking process, and we will work on improving the clarity of our rate information. Your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we hope your will reconsider giving us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us, we genuinely value your feedback as it helps us strive for continuous improvement.

Best wishes,