1,166 results
All reviews cinnamon buns hard boiled eggs duplex cabin freshly baked cookies continental breakfast main lounge yogurt small room tea and coffee crab great room overlooking the ocean private beach lounge area main building stunning location off season
Reviewed 28 May 2017

We stayed in the adult only lodge and this was the perfect retreat for March. The room were basic as advertised and I was glad there was no TV or internet in the room for distraction, but it was clean and had the necessities.
The best part was the lodge, the grand living room, with soft music playing, always tea and coffee on and comfy sofas and chairs to relax in and listen to the ocean waves.
I felt I had the beach to myself as very few people were on the beach to the right of the lodge. It was very private with a beautiful path leading to it.
We enjoyed that they provided rain gear and rain boots so we could go out and enjoy.
The breakfasts were amazing and far more than we expected. We came as a couple, but I'd be happy to come here alone for a little get away.
It is what it advertises and so much more. A beautiful truly relaxing retreat!

Room tip: We enjoyed the adult only lodge, simple rooms, but a wonderful relaxing lodge.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MBL_Manager, General Manager at Middle Beach Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Hello Sami C,
Thank you for your kind words! I'm so glad to hear you had a lovely time at our Adults Retreat Side Beach Lodge and enjoyed the simplicity for a relaxing stay. We find so many guests love to sit and enjoy a tea or coffee in our lounge with a book or even just the soft music playing so I'm happy to hear you were able to take some time and relax. I hope we can see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Booked on line and it turned out that the first room we booked was too small for us. Thankfully there was another larger room and a one bedroom cabin available which we paid to upgrade to. For us the one bedroom with the kitchen was the way to go as it's nice to have your own cooking facilities when you've been away from home for a couple of weeks.
There are two great beaches that the lodge and cabins face on and it's close to Tofino and Long Beach. We highly recommend this location and hope to get back there.

Room tip: The cheapest rooms are very small, spend the extra for. Larger room or a cabin and make sure you attend at least the Chowder Night.
Date of stay: April 2017

Hello igloo08,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm so pleased to hear despite your first initial room being smaller than expected you were able to move to a larger room and enjoy your time with us at the lodge. We hope you enjoyed the beaches as much as we do as well. Looking forward to seeing you again sometime soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We ended up at Middle Beach Resort as it was the last opening available on short notice (surfing tournament) and let me tell you, this place is great! We normally stay down the beach so we didn't know what to expect here. The property is well tended as were the accommodations. My only complaint would be the bed. It's old school spring type and I'm used to memory foam - just sayin'.
The continental breakfast is grand and baking is done in house. I do also recommend the dinners, especially Friday's special.
In closing, I'm going to pretty much guarantee we will stay here again. (Especially if it is couple(s) only. Don't get me wrong, they do have family units as well as dog friendly units, bit if its just me and the missus...
As a side note, chatting with the staff can be very entertaining as they are from all over the place.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Dave A,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I'm so happy to hear you had a lovely stay with us as new comers to our property and we can look forward to seeing you again in the future! I will pass onto our staff you enjoyed chatting with them as well. We have so many amazing staff members from all over the world, we love that they can interact with guests and share their stories. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Middle Beach Lodge is a beautiful property in Tofino. We stayed in a "Rustic Cabin" and it was beautiful. 2 bedrooms (one had a king bed and the other had a queen) one bathroom, kitchen, living room and balcony. Steps from the lodge that provided a European breakfast, fresh croissants , bagels, toast, hard boiled eggs,cheese and ham. Fresh local jams and fruit. Delicious! The lodge had a small bar and served dinner (we did not eat here). The beach is beautiful for Kayaking, or a great walk. The staff was very helpful and quick to offer suggestions for the area. Bring your umbrella and boots just in case of rain but don't let it stop you! Don't forget to stop at Tacofino for lunch..but be prepared to wait the lines were huge but well worth the wait.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
MBL_Manager, General Manager at Middle Beach Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2017

Hello Lori M,
Thank you for your kind words! I'm so happy to hear you had a lovely stay with us, from our two bedroom cabin to our fresh and locally sourced breakfast. I glad you enjoyed Tacofino as well, it is definitely a local favourite too! Thank you again and I hope we can see you in the future!
Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 May 2017

First time at this property. Martin in reception was friendly, accomodating, and checked us in fast. We stayed in the main lodge, room #28. Our room had a partial ocean view and it was gorgeous. Very rustic, tiled floors and wooden furniture. We were not wild about the very soft queen bed, but thats a personal choice. A small balcony for some fresh air and ocean sound. We LOVED the common area on the main floor. Overstuffed comfy furniture, a fireplace, a chest with games. We read our books there overlooking a lovely vista of the ocean. Breakfast was fresh and the smell of baked cinnamon buns greated us every morning. Only thing this property is lacking is a swimming pool, plus the road into it was horrible and loaded with potholes that are not SUV friendly. We're told its a municple road and they have been trying to have them repair it for years.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MBL_Manager, General Manager at Middle Beach Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

Hello Marty V,
Thank you for sharing your lovely experience with us! I'm so pleased to hear you have a great stay with us, from enjoying reading in our common areas to our freshly baked breakfasts. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on a pool as well. We have had many questions about this and it definitely something for us to think about in the future. Yes, you are correct with the road leading to our property. It is owned by the city and I apologize you had such a difficult time on it. Please feel free to email corporateservices@tofino.ca to share your experience with them. We hope we can have this sorted soon. I look forward to seeing you in the future again soon!
Kind regards,