We have taken the advice of the other reviewers and had chosen the Pacific Sands for our trip to Tofino with my family in early Feb. As we were very unfamiliar with the huge variety of rooms with different names (shown on their website), we seeked the assistance of the reservation desk over the phone but we did not get much advice and recommendations from the lady who answered our call. We need to tell her exactly which suite versus which suite to compare view and availability which will be time consuming (this means you need to really know the suites and their locatiosn which is impossible for first timers) if we were to compare 1 by 1. in the end, we just closed our eyes and opt for the lighthouse suites. It'll be helpful if the reservation desk just give recommendations based on her knowledge of the property and our requests - We put in our requests for a 2nd floor suite and one that is closest to the water as we told the reservation desk that this is crucial for our decision to confirm a booking with the resort(we will go for other resort opt if this requests cannot be met). Unfortunately, when we checked in, we found out that we were only given a suite on the first floor and view of the ocean blocked by trees. we were then told that no promise on our requests in the first place...But well, it'll be helpful if we know that they run out of the rooms that fits the bill in the first place..that'll help us make an informed decision..if you understand what I mean...
We booked for 2 days and thought housekeeping is daily for normal hotel/ resort standards. But strangely, the housekeeper only knocked on the door on the second day and asked us what we need to replenish, thats all. He didnt come in to make the bed or do any cleaning up. It's not a big deal actually, just thinking if that's the norm?
On another note, I have to comment that the staffs are very friendly and smiley. The housekeeper is very polite and nice too. The room is clean. On and all, it's a nice resort and will be a perfect holiday if not for the little disappointments with room reservation and housekeeping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pacific Sands Beach Resort is located on 41 pristine acres of property and 2500 feet of ocean front on Cox Bay. Adjacent to the Pacific Rim National Park all suites and Luxury Beach Houses offer spectacular ocean or beach front views, mesmerizing sunsets and breathtaking storm watching. A walk to Pettinger Point is a must. Enjoy unrivaled culinary splendors at one of Tofino's many restaurants. Adventure tours of the Clayoquot Sound, beach combing and surfing are the most popular activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Pacific Sands Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Sands Beach Hotel Tofino
- Pacific Sands Beach Tofino
- Pacific Sands Beach Resort Tofino, Vancouver Island, Canada