Hotels.com
Go to your Happy Price
Lynda W

Dog room smelled awful.

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Oct 2022
We recently booked a trip for our 40 th wedding anniversary. We brought our dog and booked a pet friendly room. The room smelled awful upon arrival and the windows were all open, I’m guessing to air it out. Otherwise it looked like a wonderful room, excellent location close to the beach. When I went to shower, there was black dog hair all over the bath tub, curtain and floor. Obviously not my blonde non shedding dog. I was so disappointed, paying almost $ 400 a night I expected a lot more. When I spoke to the front desk, I’ll let the manager know, they said we can send someone to clean it. ( no kidding ) No contact from the manager. We will return to Tofino, but not this resort.
Date of stay: October 2022
    Get rewarded with One Key
    • Lol.travel
    5.9 km from Cox Bay Beach Resort
    View more hotels in Tofino
    All reviews bedroom dog wagon gated laundry bathtub rain rental
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 28 July 2022 via mobile

The Resort is a Gated Oceanfront Complex of privately owned apartments, sited before the small town of Tofino. We rented a 1 bedroom ground level apartment and it was very luxurious, spacious, clean and cozy. Laundry in a Cupboard handy, large bathroom and bedroom and very functional kitchen with large domestic frig. Gate Keypad Code advised of before arrival to enable access into the grounds. Car parking is open air and random, as space at arrival allows. The Reception Building houses pull along wagons for guests to load up with their luggage to proceed with it down the pathways to their accommodation at the rear. At that point, in the rain, we were glad we had sacrificed a sea view (perhaps) in upstairs accommodation for a ground level rental. The external wooden stairwells looked formidable and daunting in the rain. With luggage. The property is fastidiously maintained with stunning gardens providing privacy. Guest access to the stunning beach is at the very end of the complex.
    We bought groceries and food from the impressive Tofino Grocery Store and never ate out. It looked like an effort to do that, anywhere, during the time we stayed there.

Room tip: Phone Resort if age or mobility issues need advising of.
    Date of stay: May 2022
    1  Thank POLLYANNA57
    Reviewed 4 December 2021

our condo was well equipped and modern. They need new beds! very soft and uncomfortable. The location and the beach are magnificent! We were in condo #11 which is main floor and close to the ocean. We could hear the waves at night from our open window. We will definitely return to this wonderful piece of heaven in Canada!

Room tip: second floor rooms have ocean view.
    Date of stay: September 2021
    1  Thank PJFortney
    Reviewed 25 November 2021

I recently stayed at this resort for the first time and I can honestly say I can't wait to go back.. The 3 nights we spent there with friends were perfection and every aspect of our stay was great from the check in to the check out and everything in between.. The 2 bedroom unit had everything you would need, beds were comfy, views were fabulous and kitchen was very well stocked. Special shout out to Colton at the front desk for helping find my daughters super special stuffy that got left tangled in the sheets on check out.. I called the day after check out and didn't get much help from the front desk agent I spoke with but I called back 4 days after check out and got Colton on the phone.. He took it upon himself to help a girl out and 3 hours later, the stuffy has been tracked down and is heading home! Colton you rock!!! As someone in a Customer service based business myself, I so appriciate your extra attention and you crushed it!!THANK YOU.. Robyn Gervais

Date of stay: November 2021
    Reviewed 1 September 2021 via mobile

My husband and I spent 3 nights in Tofino at Cox Bay Beach Resort. We stayed there during a visit 5 years ago as well. It’s in a beautiful setting on lovely Cox Bay Beach. They offer condo style accommodations with kitchens. They’re very clean and provide lots of natural light. Great staff as well.

Date of stay: August 2021
    Reviewed 30 August 2021

We had a great stay at the Cox Bay Beach Resort. The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were comfortable and very clean. Next time we're in Tofino we look forward to staying here again. It was a delight!

Date of stay: August 2021