What to know: the location is stunningly beautiful, and the accommodations are modern and very comfortable. Given the location, on a pristine stretch of sand near an ancient forest, you appreciate the efficiency of the resort’s ecological footprint.
The good: comfortable beds, fully stocked kitchens, the sauna and hot tub, and the beach.
The bad: service, one hot tub for the entire resort, early closing time for hot tub and sauna (9pm). This is a resort for retirees, and families with kids. The housekeeping service every third day is a drag (if it comes at all), and the small hot tub is a quite silly considering this is a surf town, and just about anyone who has been out in the water is hoping to relax in the at the end of the day. There as literally a line the first night we arrived, with parents and their kids waiting to get in.
Advice: Build a second and third hot tub. The Long Beach Lodge next door has a tub for every cabin unit. Not sure why the builder were thinking. Did they run out of money?
Summery: super nice place with a few flaws that make you think twice about the cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Cox Bay Beach Resort, where the West Coast of Vancouver Island meets the full might of the Pacific Ocean, nature envelops you in a spiritual way. Powerful winter storms inspire awe while summer calm instills a sense of peace and tranquility. Cox Bay Beach Resort offers forty West Coast decor one and two-bedroom beach house suites. The resort also boasts a well-appointed common-use fitness centre, sauna, outdoor hot tub overlooking the beach, a wi-fi-enabled lounge with an expansive stone fireplace, and an elevated look-out pavilion where guests can sit, read and enjoy the unrivaled views of Cox Bay Beach. Nestled next to Pacific Rim National Park and situated within Clayoquot Sound, only a seven minute drive to the world-famous village of Tofino, Cox Bay Beach Resort provides easy access for exploring all the magnificence this World Heritage site has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Agoda, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA and Hooroo Pty Ltd so you can book your Cox Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cox Bay Beach Hotel Tofino
- Cox Bay Beach Resort Tofino, Vancouver Island, Canada