Hotels.com
Andy W

Excellent accommodation. Made Tofino feel like home

Review of Tofino Trek Inn
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 June 2020via mobile
Clean, comfy, cosy, friendly and well suited to those who enjoy exploring the great outdoors!

Location: walking distance to beaches, forest trails, harbour, shops and bus stop.

Upon arrival: car parking space to the rear of the property. Joe, the owner, (or one of his glamorous assistants) will greet you and show you around.

Rooms: I stayed in one of the private rooms, upstairs. Their adjacency to the communal areas will not affect your sleep, as there is a curfew in place. Depending on the guests, the curfew can be negotiated. The bed was so comfy to the extent that I now have bed envy.

Communal areas: an immaculately clean, spacious and well stocked kitchen. There is plenty of room for storing, preparing food and dining. During my stay I even attempted some baking.
The living room is very cosy: plenty of books, board games, and a laptop. I enjoyed sitting by the window enjoying the view, sipping tea and planning adventures.
The bathrooms are immaculately clean throughout.
There is a laundry service and plenty of fresh towels and bedding.
The porch area is well sheltered. It has chairs, tables and even a barbeque.

I really enjoyed my stay here as a solo traveller. Despite being amidst a pandemic lockdown, Joe did his utmost to ensure I was well accommodated for the duration of my stay- there was a family feel to the place not the clique vibes of some larger hostels.
Date of stay: March 2020
    0.3 km from Tofino Trek Inn
    Beachfront
      6.1 km from Tofino Trek Inn
      View more hotels in Tofino
      See what travellers are saying:
      Selected filters
      Reviewed 31 August 2019 via mobile

We spontaneously decided to visit Tofino and stay for 4 nights, but found the accomodation options in town very limiting. The Trek Inn had availability and we didn’t think any more about the accomodation but actually Trek Inn was the highlight for us whilst in Tofino. Joe keeps the place very tidy and is a bastian of knowledge about all the things you can do around the paninsula, he’s also a really nice guy. He helped us find a bear tour for the day we arrived and picked us up from the Harbour. The Inn is extrenely well located in town, a few short minutes to the harbour where we did the bear tour, near the surf school where my fiancée did a beginners lesson and close to the free summer bus that visits all the main beaches. The Lone Cone water taxi is also a few minutes away and you can start trail walks to Tonquin beach and beyond from the Inn. We slept very well on all the nights and had a few nice breakfasts chatting with other guests as well. We always felt very comfortable to come back in the evenings and read in the living room. There are lots of great restaurants, take away places and coffee places nearby and a co-op to stock up on supplies for hikes. Whilst we came to Tofino to enjoy the beaches, hikes and food, Joe and the Trek Inn were the icing in the trip.

Date of stay: August 2019
      Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      2  Thank Mountain_on_the_road
      Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Amazing location; centralized and private. Parking was easy and our host Joe was super friendly and respectfull. We enjoyed conversations with him and he helped to give us local tips and suggestions about the area. My go-to hostel-style BnB, 10/10.

Date of stay: October 2018
      Trip type: Travelled on business
      Reviewed 13 July 2018

We were excited from the moment we pulled up and saw the proximity to the shoreline. It's a lovely little home with comfortable rooms and a stellar view of the ocean.

The owner, Joe, called us that morning to see what time we would be arriving and patiently waited to greet us that evening. He is a kind and accommodating host with an absolute wealth of knowledge about the community and surrounding area. He was able to tell us what was worth visiting in our short time there, as well he has developed valuable partnerships within the town to provide guests with fantastic deals on activities in the area.

He also had a helper who was friendly and kind, as well as diligent in keeping the house tidy and the breakfast flowing. She was easy to talk to and we had fantastic morning chats with her and the other guests staying there, it was such a lovely way to spend the mornings.

Parking was available, and it was within walking distance to restaurants and other activities.

The room was cozy, and Joe provided towels. The bread served at breakfast was too delicious and fresh, we definitely got our fill! Overall we couldn't have been more thrilled and will be returning when we make it back to Tofino!

Room tip: Ask Joe about things to do and see!
      Date of stay: July 2018
      • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      1  Thank CMorris08
      Reviewed 10 June 2018

Tofino Trek Inn is a brilliant place to stay. I signed up for the Job Seekers Package, and I am delighted I did. Joe was so good to me, he showed me the map of Tofino, told me some nice spots for food and activities. He helped me find a job and move into my new accommodation. I couldn't recommend Tofino Trek Inn enough. Very clean and comfortable, with breakfast provided every morning.

Date of stay: May 2018
      • Trip type: Travelled solo
      2  Thank KarenF2595
      Reviewed 5 October 2017

Wow! The location is spot on (right on the main street with beaches just up the road). Everything was kept clean and tidy at all times. The vibe was great - lots of like-minded travellers connecting through beautiful conversations in the communal areas. The biggest draw to this place is Joe (the owner). He is the perfect host - friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I definitely plan on returning to Tofino and will be sure to stay at the Tofino Trek Inn. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a memorable stay in this gorgeous little town.

Date of stay: September 2017