Lowest prices for your stay
AU$236
Coombs, Canada

Great budget option in Tofino

Review of Schooner Motel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 30 Oct 2019
The rooms are fine, bed comfy. We were on the second floor and had a view of the harbour. Table and chairs in front of window was nice, microwave and kettle with a small fridge so we could have breakfast in the room which was nice. Nothing fancy but the price, especially off season, makes it worth while. Tofino is so incredibly expensive this may be an option for many. Free parking and wifi . The manager (maybe owner) Won is a one man show I think. He is reception and cleans the rooms. Very lovely man, and when our TV stopped working he fixed it within minutes. The room was quiet and we did not have any problem with noise but we were there in October, although still quite busy.
Date of stay: October 2019
    AU$386
3.7 km from Schooner Motel
2.7 km from Schooner Motel
Free parking
Perfect location in downtown Tofino - close to the waterfront, shops, restaurants and grocery store.
0.3 km from Schooner Motel
  • Algotels
  • StayForLong
5.9 km from Schooner Motel
View more hotels in Tofino
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 September 2019

The motel is 2 stars. The location is very good and from the upstairs rooms you have a good view of the bay. The room was large, beds quite comfortable, but old furniture. The room also has a fireplace that was useful because the weather was not good. I only stayed one night here. At breakfast we were tempted by the smell of coffee, but unfortunately the taste was not good. The staff consists of young people who still have to learn.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 30 December 2018

Our room was dirty and smelled awful. The smoke detector in the room next to us chirped every minute all night long. We tried to get a hold of the owner but he wouldn't answer the phone or doorbell. In the morning he told us that he doesn't answer the bell because he has to sleep! He was the only one that got any sleep! We told him that we were going to write bad reviews about the place and all he said was "OK"!

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank GEK66
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

I don't know where to begin with this review - I don't even know if it's the Schooner motels fault that I'm so annoyed about my stay here - to start my husband and I booked a vacation via Canadian affairs: we paid for standard accommodation as opposed to budget!!! This hotel is below budget standards it is hostel level !!! Horrid , dirty, old, damp dingy rooms !! Absolutely filthy bathroom, hair all over bath! Dirty floors !! I can't empathize enough how awful this place is - I'll be complaining to Canadian affairs for placing us here - if you find yourself booking a fly drive with Canadian Affairs , do not allow them to place you here !!!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Michellero3523
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Located centrally with adequate parking. Coop is right across.
Got everything we needed. We have a 6yr old and the place worked well for us. No microwave but thats ok.complimentary coffee in the morning as well
Cant complain

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Day 7 we set our sights on Tofino, BC. Tofino is a small little town on the west side of the Island. There`s something magical about it I feel. It`s also the surfing hub of Canada. You never know what celebrity you`ll bump into. This is usually where I end up before I head back. Since Tofino is a small town, lodging is limited. So expect to pay a high premium for your lodging.

We decided on the Schooner Motel due to is positioning in the centre of the town. It`s an older family run motel that probably has seen better days. But it`s been relatively taken care of and it`s clean. The management is at best okay. I had a few questions about the area and they were unable to answer my questions. I had to seek help from Tofino`s Tour Centre.

The room was spacious, the beds were comfortable and the washrooms were clean. They even have Muskoka chairs outside your room to where to can chill and enjoy the tourists walking about the town. I enjoyed my stay and I`d probably come back to stay here.

Date of stay: July 2018