Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Michelle Ro

Awful, just awful

Review of Schooner Motel
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 Sept 2018via mobile
I don't know where to begin with this review - I don't even know if it's the Schooner motels fault that I'm so annoyed about my stay here - to start my husband and I booked a vacation via Canadian affairs: we paid for standard accommodation as opposed to budget!!! This hotel is below budget standards it is hostel level !!! Horrid , dirty, old, damp dingy rooms !! Absolutely filthy bathroom, hair all over bath! Dirty floors !! I can't empathize enough how awful this place is - I'll be complaining to Canadian affairs for placing us here - if you find yourself booking a fly drive with Canadian Affairs , do not allow them to place you here !!!
Date of stay: September 2018
      • Hotels.com
      0.9 km from Schooner Motel
        6.0 km from Schooner Motel
        View more hotels in Tofino
        See what travellers are saying:
        Selected filters
        Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Located centrally with adequate parking. Coop is right across.
        Got everything we needed. We have a 6yr old and the place worked well for us. No microwave but thats ok.complimentary coffee in the morning as well
        Cant complain

Date of stay: August 2018
        Trip type: Travelled with family
        Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Day 7 we set our sights on Tofino, BC. Tofino is a small little town on the west side of the Island. There`s something magical about it I feel. It`s also the surfing hub of Canada. You never know what celebrity you`ll bump into. This is usually where I end up before I head back. Since Tofino is a small town, lodging is limited. So expect to pay a high premium for your lodging.

We decided on the Schooner Motel due to is positioning in the centre of the town. It`s an older family run motel that probably has seen better days. But it`s been relatively taken care of and it`s clean. The management is at best okay. I had a few questions about the area and they were unable to answer my questions. I had to seek help from Tofino`s Tour Centre.

The room was spacious, the beds were comfortable and the washrooms were clean. They even have Muskoka chairs outside your room to where to can chill and enjoy the tourists walking about the town. I enjoyed my stay and I`d probably come back to stay here.

Date of stay: July 2018
        1  Thank TR L
        Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

This motel is disgusting. We booked and paid for 2 nights but left after 1. Main reason was the smell in the room which was terrible, almost as if someone or something had recently died in it.

Also our room had a view to the back of the building where it was noisy and ugly. Equally as bad was the bed which was so hard it was reminiscent of sleeping on a cement floor!! We got approx. 1 hour sleep maximum.

When we checked out the day early we politely expressed our concerns to the staff member at reception and he just smiled and said "thank you very much for staying with us"!!

Undoubtedly one of the worst places we've ever stayed, I highly recommend you avoid it.....

Date of stay: June 2018
        Trip type: Travelled as a couple
        5  Thank neilsJ8745FE
        Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

We had booked 2 rooms. In one of them, the restroom was dead and the new replacement one was in the middle of the living room. We we told the staff about it, they laughed, saying it was a mistake and offered to change room without apologizing nor trying to make up for the previous night.
        The heater did not work and we got cold at night.
        Terrible staff.

The sole positive point is its central location.

On the hole, pick another place and keep your money!

Date of stay: March 2018
        4  Thank MarieG2729
        Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

In desperation to find a reasonably priced motel we booked in. The price was right as was the motel. Let's be honest here it's not 4 or 5 star but clean reasonably comfortable and handy to most Tofino has to offer. Real value for money compared to some but not all accommodation in this area. Would be happy at some of the other hotels or motels in Tofino but not at 4 times the price.

Date of stay: September 2017