All reviews hot tub salt spring the ground floor rooms expensive hotel housekeeping staff water pressure picnic tables bit dated yogurt explore the island enjoyed our stay gulf islands ganges amenities saltspring refrigerator
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

The location and outlook were good. Some rooms (very few) had sea views.
You get what you pay for but we expected not to be surrounded by people smoking right outside their doors and having the smoke waft into our area.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank DoJeartist
Reviewed 12 June 2018

My wife and I spent the weekend at the Seabreeze. The rooms were very clean with a comfortable king sized bed and the shower/water pressure blew me away. The room also had a large screen TV with HD channels and very fast WiFi. Although it is not a waterfront property, the views of the trees, islands and ocean are spectacular. The manager was very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Request second level for best ocean views
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2018

Not that far from Ganges. Nice clean place to stay. Beautiful setting and a free breakfast. You can't do better for the price on Salt Spring Island. The service is the best you can get. Even the people who stay here are a cut above the rest when I visited.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank Denis O
Reviewed 2 November 2017

We stayed her for 1 Saturday night in October. The rate was pretty expensive and it was unpleasant. The actual rooms and bathroom were clean. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast area was pleasant and clean and basic continental.
But ... rooms badly need remodeling. Everything is dated, worn and in some respect run down - chips on bathroom fixtures. But ... rooms were clean.
What was NOT CLEAN was the outside of rooms. They have chairs on the balcony outside each room , and a little table. There is an ash tray on each table. Filled with cigarette butts and usually overflowing. Totally gross.
I don't know how I missed this in the reviews. I must have gotten this place mixed up with another. What I mistake this was.

But , it was clean, and quiet and the folks at front desk were very pleasant.
Just not my cup of tea - per se.

If you just need a basic room, a comfy bed and quick cup of coffee and you are not picky about the aesthetics ... then might be worth a shot. Still - I think we paid too much ... $150+

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank starrider2016
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed over to visit many of the places on the largest of the Gulf Islands, including some incredibly beautiful and historic churches. The hotel room was clean and comfortable, and had the usual amenities.

The water pressure, surprisingly, was AMAZING! So great, for the shower people! The breakfast provided was simple, but fulfilling, and good coffee.

Staff? Pleasant, courteous, and willing to please. Hot tub, BBQ’s available. In terms of “bang for your buck”, it was definitely agreeable.

The second floor exterior walkway? Scary. It can be felt shifting underneath a person walking. Hopefully they look into that VERY soon.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple