“Overpriced”
Review of Cafe Voltaire

Cafe Voltaire
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

A piece of tiny cake $7,00?! Seriously?! You've gotta be kidding me. Oh my God! Overpriced Overpriced Overpriced Overpriced Overpriced OverpricedOverpriced

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Atmosphere is really fun and mirrors something you would find in the Commercial Drive area in Vancouver. However, service is horrible, took almost 15 minutes from time of order to receive our coffee....thank goodness we had taken to go or we would not had had time to sit and enjoy. Our daughter loved the book selection and the piano is a nice touch. So find out how to speed up your order system and you will have a winner.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I'm trying to do low carb and every menu item had something on my list of no-no's. There was potato, corn, peas, bread, or wheat in every menu item. I was hopeful for the frittatas but there was potato in those too. Salads were pasta or Quinoa so no choices there either. Hubby had the triple H panini which was ham, Havarti and hummus but sandwich was mostly bread, spinach and hummus, ham was so sparse you could see through it if you were lucky enough to find it. We weren't impressed for $21+ dollars. I asked for the ingredients of the soup and was disappointed when there was rice in that too. Won't go back to eat but the teas and coffees have been ok in my 2 experiences, don't waste your money on the substandard food.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

I hate to say it but I had one of the absolute worst paninis here the other day. The special was a spinach and pesto panini with tomato and edam cheese and it was truly awful. Dry bread, little cheese, bland pesto and slimy, soggy spinach. I sat down to have some before having to run off to work, I ended up wrapping it up and throwing it in the trash later. Super disappointing for the $8 spent.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

The coffee is decent but, the food is not so good.
The desserts are so hard you could break your teeth on them.