“Located inside the Ramada”

Starbucks at the Ramada Hotel
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Handy location for those staying at the Ramada for a conference. Allowed me to sleep in that extra 30 minutes and then grad a breakfast sandwich.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

This Starbucks is located in the Ramada Hotel, downtown. I've visited this location a number of times over the years because it offers me, as a traveler, convenience. Because it is located right in the main lobby, it's an easy place to go to for a quick coffee beverage in the morning (I've usually gotten the Java Chip or Midnight Mint frappuccino), or a delightful breakfast sandwich. However, as others have pointed out, seating at this location is pretty limited and it can and does get fairly busy with the office crowd in the afternoons.

While I generally enjoy Starbucks, I do have a few criticisms of this location: they close really early -- some days at 4PM and others at 7PM; so, if you're just coming in from a busy day at work you may already be too late for your Refresher or frappuccino (typically the case with me). As well, I suspect they have a bit of staff turnover. On quite a few occasions, my beverages haven't been made to the standard I've come to expect from other Starbucks locations. . .and they sometimes ask strange questions. For instance, during my last visit, I ordered a Midnight Mint frappuccino (my favourite), and I got asked, "do you want coffee-based or cream-based?" The question caught me off guard and I simply responded: "Ah, I don't know. I've never been asked that question before!" And I haven't been asked since, with many more visits to Starbucks at various towns/locations under my belt. In short, I guess what I'm trying to say is that the service here is inconsistent.

FOOD: 3/5
SERVICE: 3/5
VALUE: 3.75/5
RECOMMENDATION: This location offers, above all else, a convenient option for guests staying at the Ramada; however, service is a little hit and miss. Nonetheless, if you're craving your "Starbucks fix" then this place is fine.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

This starbucks is obviously poplular with downtown office workers as one is often met with a lineup, but its not defined from the general lobby of the Ramada hotel and there is limited seating opportunities if you want to sit and read and enjoy your coffee. I would put this on my list as a true takeaway experience. However the menu is consistent with starbucks and quite good albeit high priced.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Two mornings I had a nice coffee and a breakfast sandwich. I am very familiar with their coffee and breakfast offerings and enjoyed them...good wifi in the lobby.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

Stood at till for way to long before the Barista turned to ask what I would like. He was talking to someone from the town he knew.