“Quaint spot in a really nice location”
Review of The Prague Cafe

The Prague Cafe
Ranked #1 of 9 Coffee & Tea in Penticton
Price range: USD 2 - USD 11
Cuisines: European, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: European café on the beach where the classical music is playing in the background! Our family Café offers Czech and European homemade fresh baked goods (fruit cakes, babovka, apple strudel, old style ginger bread, ...), healthy soups, sandwiches and a lot of other delicious treats. We serve on organic specialty coffees such as espresso, cappuccino, café late. Homemade baked fruit tea, ginger tea, Green Tea Matcha Latte and more! On Saturdays and Sundays we offer Apple Strudel. Each week we also offer some Czech "special" such as beef goulash, schnitzel, ... And much more ... Lake front chairs and tables make a great spot for a relaxing lunch or coffee break during the warm days. We are kids friendly and offer FREE WIFI !
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I ate here a few times and it was pretty good each time. The coffee is decent and the food is kinda home style but it is priced appropriately. The deli turkey sandwich was very good. I wasn't that into the lentil soup as it was a bit thick for my liking but if you are a lentil person I imagine you'd enjoy it. It's a pretty small operation but it's cool to be able to chat with the owners as they are very friendly.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

A small cafe with a manageable menu. The dining area is a bit cramped but looks on to Okanagan Lake. We were greeted on arrival and treated well throughout. The food was good - for me; coffee, soup of the day (lentil) and a sandwich. My wife; a salad and sandwich. We had no room for what looked like delicious baking . The pricing was reasonable. No doubt we will return.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

We had gone for a walk. Since the curling didn’t start until 2 we had time. It was after noon and we had not yet had breakfast when we spotted this little place across the street. This is cozy and it was quiet when we arrived, but a rush followed. It was a one man show and he was very clear there would be a wait. Most people were happy to wait.

I had a sandwich and R. Had breakfast #1. He wanted the Porridge but we were too late. However everything we had was delicious and the server managed to swing by take orders, fill coffee and still make you feel this was a nice spot to relax and enjoy your meal.

1  Thank Mari Anne H
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We arrived at opening time on a Sunday. Think cafe, not diner.

Breakfast choices are limited but very good. We had the boiled egg, cheese, ham and croissant. Well presented and tasty.

I would return.

1  Thank giffenk
Reviewed 19 December 2017

friendly staff, excellent coffees. A gem. The owner was also very helpful when I brought my mother in a wheelchair. This place is wonderful.

Date of visit: December 2017