All reviews two outdoor hot tubs front desk staff tv beds suite
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

This review is for the Apex Lodge, which is about 50 steps from Apex Mountain Inn. Brand new Reno in the Lodge. Queen bed and bunk beds around the corner, so privacy for everyone. Nice pull out queen couch, although would be busy with 6 people. New everything, including bathroom and super comfy beds. TV swivels, so you can watch from anywhere in room. All this for $129 on weekdays. Better rates than the Inn and so fresh with the Reno. We easily managed a simple breakfast and lunch with fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Really good storage for food and clothes. Soooo clean and great value! We will be back next year.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SabrinaH2326
Reviewed 31 December 2016

Apex Mountain Inn is located right at Apex Mountain Resort. Step out the door into a winter wonderland of skiing, boarding, skating, tubing, snowshoeing, hiking and cross country skiing. Awesome restaurant and bar is seconds away (The Gunbarrel Saloon and Restaurant), as well as casual eating venues and small general store. The Inn is clean and comfortable and the staff, when we could find them, were friendly and helpful. The biggest issue was lack of staffing. We stayed at this Inn at the same time last year and had no problems. However, this year we were told at check-in that there was no housekeeping as the staff were on holiday hours. For three days straight I did not see a single person at the reception desk though we came and went often throughout the day. The sign on reception said staff were available from 8-10 am (I was there at 9:30 one morning and there was no one there) and gave a number to call at other times. We called the number and the reception desk phone rang, which is kind of useless if there is no one there. Our garbages were overflowing, we ran out of tissues, etc. and could find no one to ask for more. I think the staff that were there had their hands full and were doing their very best but they were understaffed! I think it is bad business to tell customers that because it is "high season" you have to charge premium prices, yet you do not feel high season warrants providing basic hotel services for those premium prices.

Room Tip: Can get adjoining rooms - regular room with two queen beds, studio room with murphy bed and full kitchen, living room, fireplace.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheryl B
Reviewed 26 December 2016

We have stayed at this hotel previously and had mixed experiences.

The latest one was not a good one. We booked 4 nights, through the Apex Mountain Inn website, for the week of Dec. 20, 2016. On arrival we were told that due to the holiday season starting that day, there would be no housekeeping service. This seems a tad strange as the Christmas Holiday season at a ski hill would be the busiest time for skiing due to the holidays. Rates for the week we were staying were about $255 per night compared to $135 a night for the week proceeding or $99 a night for the week of January 9th, following the holiday season. I had expected the increase in room cost due to the holidays, but would have booked elsewhere knowing that there would have been no housekeeping services, ( no fresh towels, or toiletries, no new cups, or bed linens, and no garbage removal. There were large garbage bins in the lobby where guests could bring down their garbage. These were not in place until almost the last day of our stay. ). The beds looked to be the original mattresses of when the inn first opened. Uncomfortable to say the least.
There was no information in the room as to amenities, or resort activities or information, etc.
The heating in room was poor. It was fortunate to have brought a couple of sleeping bags to keep warm at night.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles B
Reviewed 23 March 2016

The location is amazing for the ski hill. Apex Mountain Inn is by far the best on mountain location for accommodation. The place could use an upgrade. With that said, you come to Apex for Amazing Snow, Awesome terrain, and a challenging ski hill that is never busy. The Apex Mountain Inn is a clean hotel that provides beds so you can be well rested for a fun day of skiing/riding. If you want to be pampered and live in the lap of luxury, go stay in Whistler, spend twice the money in accommodation, and wait in lift lines for half the day. For the condition of the hotel, the price seems a bit steep but it is the only full service hotel where you walk 5 steps from the entrance and you are ready to go skiing so you are paying for location location location!

Ski locker is conveniently located for quick access to the chair. Hotel is within 3 minute walking distance of all food facilities on hill and about 5-10 minute walk to the really cool little skating loop. Definitely go check out the skating loop for an hour or so after skiing.

Room Tip: Get higher up if you are on the Ski Hill side so you can watch some action on the slopes.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights for a ski vacation for my birthday. Overall the room itself could use a full renovation; our room had several spots on the wall that had been touched up with slightly mismatched paint which were obvious with the lighting in the room not to mention several stains on the cream colored carpet of our pet friendly room. Small things that I would generally overlook.

There was a small issue when my boyfriend went to pay for the stay; he was told that the payment had already been applied to my credit card and they weren't able to refund my card so he could use his. He was told to use the atm in the lobby and give me cash. This seemed extremely strange but again we let it go.

What we couldn't overlook was the fact that someone was able to open our door just after 8am on our last morning and walk in on us! Whoever it was accessed our room with a key; I was told when I called the front desk that housekeeping hadn't yet started for the day and that maybe another guest had gotten confused and was able to open our room because the door didn't close properly or that maybe housekeeping had accidentally overridden the lock mechanism. Whatever the case none of these answers were acceptable! The girl asked to come and take a look at the lock and I said fine. She came up and found...there was nothing wrong with the lock. To add insult to injury I was told that maybe I should use the latch. Seriously!? It's my fault for not latching my door that someone had a key to our room and was able to walk in on us?! At this point I still haven't even gotten an apology that this had happened just a bland "I'm not sure what happened nothing like this has ever happened before". When we went to check out at the desk (a couple of hours earlier than planned) there was still no apology or any sort of empathy for our situation. Our privacy had just been seriously comprimised and they were going to let us walk out the door without another word if I did not say something. We were both extremely upset that this had happened and the worst part was we were made to feel that it was our fault. We won't be back.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple