All reviews two outdoor hot tubs front desk staff tv beds suite
Reviewed 26 December 2016

We have stayed at this hotel previously and had mixed experiences.

The latest one was not a good one. We booked 4 nights, through the Apex Mountain Inn website, for the week of Dec. 20, 2016. On arrival we were told that due to the holiday season starting that day, there would be no housekeeping service. This seems a tad strange as the Christmas Holiday season at a ski hill would be the busiest time for skiing due to the holidays. Rates for the week we were staying were about $255 per night compared to $135 a night for the week proceeding or $99 a night for the week of January 9th, following the holiday season. I had expected the increase in room cost due to the holidays, but would have booked elsewhere knowing that there would have been no housekeeping services, ( no fresh towels, or toiletries, no new cups, or bed linens, and no garbage removal. There were large garbage bins in the lobby where guests could bring down their garbage. These were not in place until almost the last day of our stay. ). The beds looked to be the original mattresses of when the inn first opened. Uncomfortable to say the least.
There was no information in the room as to amenities, or resort activities or information, etc.
The heating in room was poor. It was fortunate to have brought a couple of sleeping bags to keep warm at night.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles B
Reviewed 23 March 2016

The location is amazing for the ski hill. Apex Mountain Inn is by far the best on mountain location for accommodation. The place could use an upgrade. With that said, you come to Apex for Amazing Snow, Awesome terrain, and a challenging ski hill that is never busy. The Apex Mountain Inn is a clean hotel that provides beds so you can be well rested for a fun day of skiing/riding. If you want to be pampered and live in the lap of luxury, go stay in Whistler, spend twice the money in accommodation, and wait in lift lines for half the day. For the condition of the hotel, the price seems a bit steep but it is the only full service hotel where you walk 5 steps from the entrance and you are ready to go skiing so you are paying for location location location!

Ski locker is conveniently located for quick access to the chair. Hotel is within 3 minute walking distance of all food facilities on hill and about 5-10 minute walk to the really cool little skating loop. Definitely go check out the skating loop for an hour or so after skiing.

Room Tip: Get higher up if you are on the Ski Hill side so you can watch some action on the slopes.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights for a ski vacation for my birthday. Overall the room itself could use a full renovation; our room had several spots on the wall that had been touched up with slightly mismatched paint which were obvious with the lighting in the room not to mention several stains on the cream colored carpet of our pet friendly room. Small things that I would generally overlook.

There was a small issue when my boyfriend went to pay for the stay; he was told that the payment had already been applied to my credit card and they weren't able to refund my card so he could use his. He was told to use the atm in the lobby and give me cash. This seemed extremely strange but again we let it go.

What we couldn't overlook was the fact that someone was able to open our door just after 8am on our last morning and walk in on us! Whoever it was accessed our room with a key; I was told when I called the front desk that housekeeping hadn't yet started for the day and that maybe another guest had gotten confused and was able to open our room because the door didn't close properly or that maybe housekeeping had accidentally overridden the lock mechanism. Whatever the case none of these answers were acceptable! The girl asked to come and take a look at the lock and I said fine. She came up and found...there was nothing wrong with the lock. To add insult to injury I was told that maybe I should use the latch. Seriously!? It's my fault for not latching my door that someone had a key to our room and was able to walk in on us?! At this point I still haven't even gotten an apology that this had happened just a bland "I'm not sure what happened nothing like this has ever happened before". When we went to check out at the desk (a couple of hours earlier than planned) there was still no apology or any sort of empathy for our situation. Our privacy had just been seriously comprimised and they were going to let us walk out the door without another word if I did not say something. We were both extremely upset that this had happened and the worst part was we were made to feel that it was our fault. We won't be back.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SBL1891
Reviewed 31 December 2015

The staff is this hotel's greatest asset. Always smiling and friendly and quick to offer helpful suggestions and tips to make your stay better. Two outdoor hot tubs, storage for ski equipment and clean, comfortable rooms with fridge, microwave and Keurig coffee maker. Nice touch for our kids was the nightly outdoor campfire with free s'mores and little sleigh hill complete with sleighs to use. Great for kids especially 10 years and under. Only downside was the beds were not the most comfortable compared to other hotels we have stayed in. Towels were awesome though - 5 star hotel quality.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2015

Our hotel accommodation was very simple. Hotel room, 2 queen beds, tv, small fridge. The place was very clean, quiet, and everything we needed to stay at the mountain. Free wi-fi and a nice little table by the window to sit with my tablet or read. There was a nice ski locker room. Beautiful views of the mountains. Overall one of the best values we have experienced in a nice hotel stay.

Room Tip: I believe there are some rooms with optional cooking facilities.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends