All reviews denny's restaurant lots of parking small fridge okanagan lake convention courtyard
Reviewed 1 August 2016

I am allergic to smoke!! So I got a non smoking room on the first floor. The hotel went non smoking five months ago and my room was supposed to be smoke free. It WASN'T!! My allergies went into full allergy mood. The cleaning lady sprayed my room twice a day which was helpful and on checking out my bill was adjusted at my request. However, I would never take that chance again.
It was lovely sunny weather and we would have liked an outside pool. However it is a short drive to the lake.
Coffee in the Lobby was very good.

Room Tip: room facing indoor pool is much cooler on a hot day.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank MarjorieRoseH
SeanMpen, Manager at Sandman Hotel Penticton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2016

Good day MarjorieRoseHill, thank you very much for your review. We are always looking for ways to improve our service and product and appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately even with a smoking fine in place we do still see some guests who try and get away with smoking in their rooms. We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience caused and will be addressing better recognition and contingency planning for these occurrences in the future. I would like to invite you back in the future to see how we can make your stay a much more pleasant one. Have a good day.

Kind Regards,

Sean

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Well below standard! When we booked in we advised the hotel we had two children with us boy and girl aged 14,12
They processed us into a room with two double beds no cot offered for either one of the children
Our son proceeded to sleep in two chairs
My daughter and wife shared the one bed.
My wife is legally rated handicapped
By the time our three nights were up she could barely walk!
Cleanliness was well below standard
Blood obviously squinted on the wall at some previous customers
Management not willing to change our rooms or adhere to the cleanliness issues
I truly would not bring animals into this building!
Should be condemned
Pool room was 10000 degrees

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

I travel a lot for work and stay in a number of the newer value based hotels across Canada - This hotel is not one of those. Generally large chain hotels have a standard that need to maintain to remain under the brand - not sure how Sandman is letting this one pass. This hotel is OLD - The rooms are OLD the elevator is OLD - The decor is OLD the pool is OLD. You get the picture

Other issues - the pool in indoors 1m deep and since all the a/c units the rooms are the old window mount units they blow hot exhaust air into the pool area make it a balmy 40* degrees if not higher - pretty much unusable. The elevator is is old and slow not too big of a deal since its only 3 stories - but with babes and kids you need to use it more often then not.

Things that kinda suck ...but not that big of a deal - TVs are cheap Dynex and not HD service (but who comes to penticton to watch TV) no plug in the bathroom - your wife will have to do her hair in the room with you. 8 different kinds of light bulbs in your room. The garbage in the lobby was over flowing - the staff is there all day - somebody change it - internet is brutal LTE service is faster - bathrooms are super dated - get some low flush toilets guys. Bathroom door locks I thought were pretty standard...In this hotel they are not

Ok things - beds are good and comfortable- I think the carpets. In the rooms have been changed as they seemed just fine - staff thus far has been pleasant a location is pretty good.

I assume hotels is the city have 6 weeks to make their money and as of now there isn't much better in penticton as none of the newer microtel and Fairfields have opened here yet....So this old dog will have some folks to stay in it - if the newer chains do come - this hotel is going to the bottom of the pile as the newer hotel models are far superior - so come here with low expectations and you will be ok

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2016

We, a group of 5 families with kids, stayed for two nights at Sandman Penticton back in May and were surprised to see the difference in photos pasted on its website and on ground. The photos in the website are of their some other signature hotel I believe.
The moment we entered the hotel a fight was going on at the door of the bar which was inside the hotel. Some drunk homeless was being beaten by some guys, probably the bar's management and there was blood to give nightmares to kids.

A very depressing layout of the hotel. The pool is in the middle of the hotel with one side of all the rooms opened, so there was chlorine smell all the time. And since our rooms were on the main floor we couldn't open our curtains cause there are people all the time in the pool and that really affected the privacy.

In the middle of the night some drunks knocked at the door frantically waking us up. We reported the incident and all we got was, "Oh really" from the reception.

The room and washroom were pretty dated. Not a good stay at that price. And there is no free breakfast as well.

We are not planning to stay at any Sandman ever because of the bars being inside the hotels, we didn't know about that, but that was our mistake.

Room Tip: Don't go for the photos on their website and find a cheaper place that would be better.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Our stay started with a friendly welcome at the front desk. The hotel was clean and our room was fantastic. We just loved the location of our room as well. Housekeeping was also friendly and kind. We just loved how close the hotel was to Lake Okanogan, restaurants, and shops. With a bakery, coffee shop, and fresh fruit and veggie market 5 min away how could it get any better!? You can even pop over to the channel in minutes of the hotel and float on down to Lake skaha.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Good day, thank you very much for your kind words. We always enjoy hearing that our guests stay was enjoyable. In addition to our local attractions we are pleased to have a Denny's and Bar one on site for those days guests don't feel like traveling out of the building. We look forward to seeing serving you even better in the future. Thank you again, have a good day.

Kind regards,