“Really Great food”

The Old Bavaria Haus
Reserve with OpenTable
The Old Bavaria Haus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: European, German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3rd Ave.
Reviewed 7 July 2017

So I have lived in New Westminster for 22 years. I have probably driven by this restaurant 100 times if not more. For what ever reason German food has just never been something that I have been exposed to or tried much of. So finally after all these years the other evening my husband and I decided to give it a try. Well... we were not disapointed at all. The food was fantastic, the service was great and the prices were for the most part very reasonable. The house that the restaurant is in is quite interesting and you feel like you have stepped back in time. We really enjoyed it, We will be back.

There are newer reviews for The Old Bavaria Haus

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Being part of a larger group found this venue to not be the best choice. I think we totalled around 16 and that is pushing it for this restaurant. Perhaps when it's quiet it would be suitable for a couple, I don't know. The food was mediocre but may have been due to the size of our group; again I don't know. This was a one and only for me so I'll never know the answers to these burning questions.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Our daughter choose this place to celebrate her Douglas College graduation. We weren't disappointed. Food was plentiful, hot, and delicious. Would definitely recommend this place to everyone to try schnitzel and spätzle. Beer was good too.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

This restaurant has been a family favourite for over 40 years.
Food is great (and there's lots of it)!
Service is friendly and efficient
Atmosphere is great!
Housed in a heritage style home on 6th Street
Would recommend reservations.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Finally had the opportunity to visit the Old Bavaria Haus, one of few German restaurants located in Greater Vancouver. I'm an avid fan of German cuisine, and was curious about the quality of this restaurant in New Westminster.

Firstly, the interior decor is nice and has a traditional Bavarian atmosphere to it. I ordered the Wiener Schnitzel which arrived on time and tasted well enough. However, the service from my waitress was absolutely awful .. she was incredibly inattentive and merely touched base once for formality. She even neglected to refill a glass of water for me when she was already going around doing it for other tables.

The restaurant was starting to fill up for dinner service, and it wasn't yet busy. Yet, she continually ignored me after I finished my meal. It took her even longer to bring the bill, an deferred to a colleague to conclude the transaction after twenty minutes. Absolutely awful service.

I will not be returning.