“New to New West”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 August 2017

The food, service, and coffee was all top quality. Yes, they serve Canadian bacon, but as a Canadian, I'm very capable of adapting because it wasn't too lean. I'll be back with my family.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We’ve been a number of times and the food is consistently excellent. The portions are large, too. There’s no way you’ll leave hungry.

Unless you are planning on going very early on the weekend, you’ll likely need to wait quite a while to get in; however, they will take your mobile number and call you when your table is free, so you’re able to walk along the water or grab a coffee from the market nearby. Because of the wait times, I always recommend having a quick snack before going for breakfast to avoid getting hangry.

Only knock against is that service is sometimes quite slow when they are busy.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We hadn't been for a while so we took a visitor there for lunch. We award full marks.

You might not want to sit outside, since there is construction underway almost right there for the next few months at least. Inside isn't air-conditioned, but it was comfortable enough with the outside air at about 27C.

I ordered a straight black coffee, then wondered if I should have, since I'm hooked on high-end espresso. But their regular drip coffee was as good as I've had anywhere.

Then the food. Mine was bratwurst and eggs on a waffle. Perfect. Light, tasty, large waffle; non-greasy sausage and properly cooked eggs. Herself had a blueberry waffle and pronounced it excellent. Visitor had a bacon wrap with a side of fruit and said it was great.

P.S. this is the waffle you hoped you'd get (but didn't) at IHOP or Waffle House. Don't think they're the same.

Service was fine, value for money was very good.

And you get to go for a nice walk along the river to burn it all off.

Note - there is some parking in front, more in the underground parking nearby. Also the lot east of the River Market, and the large parkade at the Skytrain station is just a few minutes away across the bridge.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Visited as family of four, enough choice to keep everyone happy. Good portions and fairly quick service. Only downside they don't do latte's.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed an excellent breakfast at this busy restaurant. The fruit compote on the waffles was the best I've ever had. Gorgeous fresh blueberries, raspberries and strawberries.