“Hidden gem”

Patsara Thai Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 285 Restaurants in New Westminster
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

They say 'do not judge a book by its cover'. This is that place. I have walked past this building so many times and never wondered that it would be a thai restaurant. It showed up on Google map amd i made the reservation saying i want a tabke away frm the washroom and kitchen and they actually had our tables reserved. In the center of the restaurant.

Fun fact: I asked our hostess about how to pronounce the name. It is Pas-a-ra the T Is silent. It is the name of the elephant of their kin.

The interior is beautiful and comfortable, the service is exceptional and they have really put thought and love in their food. We ordered the assorted appetizers which with a sweet chilli sauce,a green and a red curry with rice combo. Its a reasonably portioned patter with differnet vegetables.

What surprised us was the taste. In most thai restaurants the smell of coconut is the first thing to hit you and no matter what you eat, all dishes taste the same cause of it. BUT NOT HERE. My friend and I both tried the curries and were able to distinguise the tastes without that overpowering coconut aroma killing our taste buds. The green one has a hint of spice to it and the red one is slightly a bit more sweet and sour.

I would be returning here for more, now that i know where it is.

1  Thank Ru S

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I heard good reviews from coworkers and have gone here twice for lunch. We were very happy with the flavor of the dishes and the very warm feeling atmosphere inside. We were seated quickly and had great service. The beef spicy noodle and Phad kaphrao kai dao were excellent and had lots of flavor. The lunch specials are either $9.50 or $10.50. I would definitely recommend giving this a try and will be going there again and get there early as it definitely gets busy.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

I had lunch with a friend and we ordered the spring rolls and I had the prawn Pad Thai and my friend had a different dish. The spring rolls were just OK. My Pad Thai had an unusual taste and smell and the prawns were opaque in colour. I asked for large rice noodles instead of the thin ones and was told I would have to pay $1.00 more. There wasn't enough sauce or spice to the dish, very flat and boring, with just a sprinkling of shredded veggies. I only ate half of my dish and the server didn't even ask if everything was OK. Only street parking and if you're lucky you'll find a spot.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

I work near by and have enjoyed eating here often for lunch. The problem is they continue to make the lunch special smaller and smaller. The lunch special use to consist of a salad, spring roll and your meal. They no longer provide the salad, they no longer provide the spring roll, and give 3 deep fried dried up wontons. Very disappointing in the continuous smaller and smaller portions. The food is good but stick to what you've offered. That very bad customer service!!!

1  Thank eatlots2018
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Every dish was scrumptious. The service was attentive with great suggestions, we will be spreading the word, best Thai ever, from the soup, salad thru to the best ever eggplant dish we’ve ever tasted. The pad Thai dish had an interesting twist in flavour, hard to pick a favourite from all that we tried.
The restaurant had lots of seating, comfortable ambiance and just a great place to dine.
If there is a downside, it’s street parking which can involve walking a block or two!