“Best Greek food in town!”
Review of Alexandra's Bistro

Alexandra's Bistro
Ranked #75 of 347 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Gift certificates available (any amount, no expiry), Gluten Free/Celiac options, Best Mediterranean food in town, Free ice cream for children, Big groups welcome.
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Was warmly welcomed by the friendly staff at Alexandra's, enjoyed the table that my partner and I were led to. He ordered the Lamb Souvlaki and I ordered the Mousaka, both of which were A M A Z I N G!!! The owner made sure we were satisfied and the server never let our drinks go empty, would definitely go back!!

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Had "Big FAT Greek Platter" for 2 which we shared for 3 and still had left overs.... excellent food and excellent service. Offered beverages when we were waiting and did not have to ask for refills. Owner came to see how we enjoyed the food as well as all of others in restaurant. Enjoyed that they offered both Italian and Greek food.

2  Thank D C
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Ordered the moussaka... was very delicious ....served on a bed of rice with a small Greek salad and 1/2 a piece of pita bread.
Only drawback is the lack of customer parking in front of this quaint bistro....being "out-of-towners ", we were unfamiliar with areas to safely leave our vehicle.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

I took my mother there after her flight to the island. The waitress screwed up both of our orders (we ordered the exact same thing) and admitted that SHE had made the mistake and misunderstood us. However, when asked if she would fix it and bring us what we actually ordered she said she would have to charge us extra!! The owner came out and reaffirmed that there would be an extra charge to bring us out the small portion of greek salad that was missed even though it was his waitress that wrote our order down wrong! I could not believe it, this is very close to my office and I will never bring anyone there again let alone have any group lunches there. Overall we at about 1/4 of what was on our plate, I am still a but shocked that they wanted to charge me extra when it was their mistake. With this kind of customer service and mediocre food I would not recommend to anyone.

2  Thank VI Girl S
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

With a great variety of Mediterranean foods, very friendly and attentive service, Alexandra's was a hit in our book. Both the moussaka and lamb souvlaki were tasty, and the portions quite generous for a reasonable price. It's a cozy dining room and there is ample parking in the shopping center lot. We would definitely go back, if we were not traveling through this area.