“Authentic Greek Cuisine in a Cozy Atmosphere”

Marina's Taverna and Pizza
Ranked #26 of 349 Restaurants in Nanaimo
Price range: USD 7 - USD 19
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Come and enjoy traditional Greek Cuisine. We offer fresh cooked meals daily, using high quality ingredients. Our portions are large and very reasonably priced. We look forward to serving you.
Reviewed 7 May 2017

We visited Marina's for date night, hadn't heard much about it prior to going and didn't know what to expect. The dining room is really cozy, I could have sat there for hours. Our server was great, allowed us to taste a few wines prior to ordering a bottle and was very helpful in helping us choose what food to order (there are way too many things that sound amazing on the menu). All round great experience, we will definitely be back, can't wait to sit on the patio.

Thank you to Marina for taking care of us tonight!!

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Had an amazing birthday dinner here. Wonderful, kind staff. Great food!! We will definitely be back!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I'm not a big fan of lamb!! That being said if I lived here I would eat lamb a lot more often because the roast lamb here is nothing short of amazing. Evan sets the bar high for any other restaurant serving lamb. Now knowing how lamb should taste I will likely be spoiled for lamb for ever. If you've ever wondered how good lamb good be, you need to try it here even if you think you don't like lamb. Yes it really is that good!! Ambiance and service was excellent. Very friendly atmosphere. We were treated like family.

Date of visit: April 2017
2  Thank Mike H
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Visited Marina's Taverna and Pizza last week for a retirement supper for one of my Husband's staff. A lovely large table was reserved for the dozen of us, with big squishy cushions for those of us sitting with our backs to the wall.

Pleasant and welcoming staff were attentive throughout the evening, and nothing was too much trouble.

A Greek themed menu offered many options, several lamb dishes, chicken, seafood, all with a choice of house or Greek salad. Usual selection of appetizers...calamari, tzatziki, hummus, pita breads with dips etc... Didn't look at the dessert menu as we're all too full by then!

My one disappointment was that the Chef quite obviously doesn't understand what to do when someone requires a gluten free meal. My Husband ordered a spiced chicken dish which came with rice and roasted potatoes and vegetables. When it came, all traces of any herbs, spices and flavourings had been removed, together with the roasted potatoes, and the sauce for the chicken, from his meal. Gluten isn't present in herbs and spices in general, it wasn't necessary to remove everything from the meal that he thought could contain it...! It sounds to me like a lack of knowledge and/or training, so can easily be remedied. Sadly my Husband's meal was therefore, bland and lacking in flavour. My choice, however, of Spanakopita, served with a fresh Greek salad, was freshly baked, and delicious.

All in all, other than a little education regarding what is and isn't suitable for Celiacs, it was a tasty supper, enjoyed by everyone who attended.

Prices fair for the quality and quantity of food provided...

I'd go back for sure...! I was rather hoping to throw the china in the fire...!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

The food here was so tasty. The salad and the pizzas are great. Our waitress was super kind and quick to serve. A very wonderful pleasant experience overall. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: March 2017