Book In Advance
Tours from Harbour Air Seaplanes tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Harbour Air Seaplanes
from USD 108.00
from USD 221.50
from USD 161.63
from USD 283.60
More Info
All reviews minute flight downtown vancouver flying beaver air canada departure lounge float plane pilot yvr baggage terminal commute mainland ferry island crew victoria route
Reviewed 4 days ago

Wow is a word used quite often in reviews but I have to say Harbour Air deserve it, from booking to reception to the flight, all was exceptional. Staff were friendly and attentive and made a real effort to make people comfortable and welcoming. I will certainly puddle jump over to Sechelt again using the services from Nanaimo Harbour.

Reviewed 6 days ago

I took a float plane from Nanaimo to Vancouver, and it was a great experience. The flight left from the Nanaimo Harbour, which is where I was staying and goes right to downtown Vancouver in 20 mins. The check in process and so civilized and there's a nice boarding lounge to wait in, where they have simple snacks and coffee and tea. Don't doddle, as there's only one call for boarding about 15 minutes before take off and there can be multiple flights leaving at the same time so be mindful of which flight you're boarding.

You can bring checked bags, but be careful which type of ticket you book, as some ticket types have a maximum weight for baggage, and some you pay per pound. Carry on bags are stowed at the back of the cabin, so bring your phone or camera to your seat if you want to take photos.

There are some great views and it's a fun ride! Overall, good value, and fun experience.

Note to any folks with a fear of flying: small planes are extra bumpy and I felt more nervous than I usually do on planes when we were bumping along the water on take-off and landing.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Easy, organized, on time, inexpensive - and loads of fun to boot. A great way to make your way to the mainland. Better than the ferry!

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

We used Harbour Air for our transfer from Vancouver International Airport to Nanaimo Harbour! The service they provide is second to none, both at the point of booking and on the day of the flight. We arrived early at check in and the staff managed to transfer us to an earlier flight! Overall the package from Harbour Air provided exceptional customer service, fantastic value, a quicker and more convenient transfer option than flights to Nanaimo Airport, as well as something a little adventurous and more exciting!

HarbourAirSeaplanes, Guest Relations Manager at Harbour Air Seaplanes, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Nick and Angel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Harbour Air experience with fellow TripAdvisor users!

We are so pleased to hear you found our service convenient, while also enjoying the perks of elevated customer service and a fantastic value. Thank you! Your kind words are really great to hear.

Looking forward to your next flight with us!

Reviewed 20 September 2018

Anytime I want to get to Vancouver or Richmond quickly, I always fly Harbour Air. They have great customer service and I always enjoy the experience. I especially enjoy the complimentary tea/coffee and treats while you wait for your flight.

HarbourAirSeaplanes, Guest Relations Manager at Harbour Air Seaplanes, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Liz C,

We really appreciate the kind words about our teams in Nanaimo and Vancouver. I will be pleased to pass along this good news about their great customer service.

Looking forward to your next flight with us!

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

A short family break and a round trip on a float plane from Sechelt to Nanaimo BC.
Check in was easy and luggage was weighed and taken for us. Free drinks, fruit, muffins and cookies were available while we waited to board. Children were even given little plane magnets.
The flights were smooth and on time. Pilot was friendly and helpful. Definitely strip to be repeated.

Godojudi,

Thank you so much for your kind review.

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent scheduled flight from Sechelt to Nanaimo, and are pleased to hear you enjoyed our services and complimentary amenities.

Looking forward to your next trip with us between the island and mainland!

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

My first time on a float plane. It was fantastic, and certainly beat my usual commute which is ferry/bus/sky train to the airport. Shaved off about 3 hours of time!

The shuttle bus was full when we landed, but a taxi arrived within minutes and harbour air picked up the tab.

I’m hope to use you more often, and will be keeping my eyes open for flight specials :)

HarbourAirSeaplanes, Guest Relations Manager at Harbour Air Seaplanes, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Robbie F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and fellow TripAdvisor users!

Having an additional three hours to your day really helps you get the most out of it! We are so happy to hear you love our services and the convenience of flying.

We look forward to your next flight with us!

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Today, I witnessed one of the most genuine acts of kindness, respect, and outstanding customer from Shannon in the Nanaimo Harbour.

There was an elderly customer that was a tad confused, she recognized this, spoke sweetly to him to decipher what he needed and where he was headed. Clearly, in need of assistance, she held off the plane's departure, walked him directly to the plane from lobby and with assistance, got him safely secured.

Charming, sweet, efficient, classy, professional and an absolute asset.

Well done! Good hire!

HarbourAirSeaplanes, Guest Relations Manager at Harbour Air Seaplanes, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

islandfoodie2000,

Thank you so much for the kind words.

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with fellow TripAdvisor users. We are proud of our teams and always pleased to hear such wonderful feedback.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

We flew to YVR South with Harbour Air on a turbine otter as an alternative to the ferry. I was fun and fast and only cost $50 more than the ferry + taxi would have cost. Fast checkin and on time departure.

HarbourAirSeaplanes, Guest Relations Manager at Harbour Air Seaplanes, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Kristie-Lynn M,

We're so pleased to hear you enjoyed the experience - the convenience and time savings just can't be beat!

We look forward to your next flight with us!

Reviewed 15 April 2018

I travelled with my 5 year old on Harbour Air from Nanaimo to Vancouver. It was such an amazing experience!! Right from the start, the staff we very helpful, and in no time we had our boarding passes in hand, my little one was sporting "pilot-in-training" wings, and were heading for the departure lounge. Once at the lounge, we had a very comfortable wait with beautiful views, coffee, pastries, and newspapers. In no time, we were ready to board! The crew were very helpful in navigating onto the plane with my kiddo, and had earmuffs for her to protect her little ears from the noise of the plane.

The flight was fantastic, and the views were incredible! Best of all, in 20 minutes we were in downtown Vancouver!

I will definitely be booking another flight!

HarbourAirSeaplanes, Guest Relations Manager at Harbour Air Seaplanes, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Hello little_gnome,

Thank you so much for taking time to review our service! So great to hear you and your daughter had a wonderful flight and enjoyed the views of the Strait of Georgia.

Looking forward to seeing you two again soon!