“OUTSTANDING BREWERY !”

Ranked #16 of 56 things to do in Nanaimo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 23 December 2017

Although, I have not visited the "White Sails Brewing" establishment, I however purchase their Porter and their IPA in our local liquor outlet. My husband being an Englishman and familiar with many beers from England, claims the IPA is the BEST he has ever TASTED. We had two lots of relatives visiting this summer from England they too were very impressed with the taste and the description of several of their beers. Outstanding was the concensus!

Date of experience: December 2017
in 4 reviews
"session"
"brewed"

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

When I heard that Whitesails had won the international competition for their dark beer , I had to go try some for myself and brought a friend along. I was very impressed and loved the rich creamy taste of this brew. If I wasn't the designated driver and my friend catching a ferry back to Vancouver I might still be there.

Wow Nanaimo home of the Nanaimo bar, world champion beer and international bathtub racing is growing up fast and furious ..... Do check this place out .

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Great little place for local brewed beers and to hangout with friends in the evening. If you want to try a bit if everything, get a flight and enjoy all the flavours! Food here is so-so but who cares, you're there for the drinks and board games! Or giant Jenga!

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 1 July 2017

Good beer - nothing particularly stood out & we didn't fill our growler, but the ambiance was really nice. A gas fireplace, which would be especially nice in colder months & what we really liked was the selection of board games - they really want you to come & hang out here : ) Prices were good, instead of a flight price, beers are $2 for a 6oz, which comes in slightly bigger than a usual flight glass. PS. there's also a coffee bar.

Date of experience: June 2017